Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Polaris has had to recall sleds from way back in 15 to present. I don’t understand how something 7 years old can have not had the issues corrected by now? This is crap for everyone , god knows the sled industry is already tough but nobody’s needing this.
Plant Sky Land lot Urban design Building

·
Registered
2022 ThunderCat EPS
926 Posts
Seems Polaris has had a string of bad luck lately. The 850's they messed up last year, their new clutches falling off the turbos, now this gas tank issue. I'm not a Polaris fan, but this sucks for Polaris customers, wouldn't wish those troubles on anybody.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
This doesn’t suck at all it’s SUMMER. Who cares. They can throw as much free shit at my sled as they want. Idc. What would be really fun is waiting for the poo to catch on fire at the same time a cracked gas tank cat pulls up next to a flamethrower ctec while getting circled by the turbo cats that blew the oil lines off and caught those riders on fire. Now that would be a trail stop worth watching.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
It must have been recall day as I got two of them for my 22 Ranger as well.

·
Premium Member
23 650 Adventure, 22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
4,304 Posts
How old were the cats that had gas tanks recalled?That was also spread over 10 model years.
Anyways,I wouldnt be surprised if this spread to other manufacturers as its a strange one for sure if you read it.
It could literally be anything with a plastic gas tank. Patiently waiting for the fix. Maybe new fuel pumps for everyone.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I could ask the same question about the Polaris guys (Not saying you) always in the Cat forums. I could care less about Polaris. I owned one once. Never again.
I thought the same thing. The guys that won't/don't own CAT do a lot of the posting in the CAT forums and criticize everything and anything. If "they" don't care, why do they creep around the CAT forums throwing barbs ???

Wonder if it's deterioration of the tank plastic over age due to alcohol in the fuel?

·
Registered
553 Posts
I thought the same thing. The guys that won't/don't own CAT do a lot of the posting in the CAT forums and criticize everything and anything. If "they" don't care, why do they creep around the CAT forums throwing barbs ???
I rarely go into the Polaris forum and never post there. Only time I go in is when a friend asks questions on his or her sled.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I want to know why there's static electricity under certain conditions in a low fuel tank with degraded fuel in it that causes an explosion. How many are actually going to cease and desist riding. Just because Polaris publishes it does that mean that they're still not liable? Do they really think people are going to stop riding?
There have been 30 incidents today so far out of a potential 230, 000.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I want to know why there's static electricity under certain conditions in a low fuel tank with degraded fuel in it that causes an explosion. How many are actually going to cease and desist riding. Just because Polaris publishes it does that mean that they're still not liable? Do they really think people are going to stop riding?
How can they be liable for people not following the do not ride statement? If they can prove you have been notified, I would say that would put the liability on the sled owner. Not a lawyer so I am just spit balling here. Hopefully it gets resolved before the snow flies and it is a quick, simple fix.

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
Im pretty sure it has to do with phase separated ethanol gas.
I pump a lot of that crap out of peoples machines.It causes a lot of trouble.

·
Registered
48,447 Posts
It could literally be anything with a plastic gas tank. Patiently waiting for the fix. Maybe new fuel pumps for everyone.
Hopefully their not splitting apart like the one i had on my 80 SS440 yamaha. Dealer wouldn't warranty it, till i went directly to a yamaha rep. They wanted to know how in the world did their plastic tank rupture. All i told them it had to be defective. If they only knew.

·
Registered
2022 ThunderCat EPS
926 Posts

Wonder if it's deterioration of the tank plastic over age due to alcohol in the fuel?
The ethanol thing is plausible, Ducati had a recall years ago stating some of their composite tanks had swollen due to E10, some KTM riders had experienced simular issues, nothing bursting tho.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts