Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok what a pisser. Go out to put oil in sled and as I am taking cap off the oil jug the seal in the jug cap comes off and flutters right into the oil tank opening. What the hell are the chances?? The seal does not float (trust me I tried this out) so I have to pull the oil tank to get the seal out it out because of the tanks odd shape. Lots of work for such a dumb thing. Any one got any better plans? :angry:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Originally posted by Thumper@Feb 23 2003, 03:39 AM
Ok what a pisser. Go out to put oil in sled and as I am taking cap off the oil jug the seal in the jug cap comes off and flutters right into the oil tank opening. What the hell are the chances?? The seal does not float (trust me I tried this out) so I have to pull the oil tank to get the seal out it out because of the tanks odd shape. Lots of work for such a dumb thing. Any one got any better plans? :angry:
make it easy on yourself..siphon the tank out with the biggest diameter hose you can find and fish it out with a pc of wire...steve :D

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
that spark plug will show its face again, trust me it will bounce out and should end up under clutches!
thats where i found my, dropped belly pan stow-away that i dropped when i burned my hand changing the fouled plugs at 3 miles new!

·
Registered
54 Posts
1madcat
I would tip the sled over and pull the skid plate to try and find that plug. I have seen them get lanched by the clutch and cause major damage or it could hang up your throttle at WO, also not good. toolboy

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The thing about this tank is it is such an odd shape fishing is very hard. The seal fell in the twisted neck side - impossible for fishing. We tried to pull the sensor out and fish throught the other side but the middle of the tank is raised so access to the other side sucks also. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts