Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sorry for the dumb question, but i keep hearing the 03 and 04 f7 are faster then the o5. Is this true? Thanks :boxing:

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
setup, setup, setup. orig everybody said the 03 were quickest, but after adjustments (even to stock clutches, suspension, etc) i think you'll see about the same "best results" no matter what year.

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
03's are by far faster, some of the 05's are quicker to 75 or so, but fall flat after that.

Krom

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The 04 `s on our Island are more than up to the task of handing out ass kickings
to 03`s and 05 `s .....radar results proved it last year ....04 first ,second ,(those were stockers with clutching and gearing.Also on the black top ...stocker 04 std green 124.3
mph at 10.19 et ,with 1.42 60 ft....drivers,clutching ,no porting ,no pipe ,1/4 mile ecu program.........
Cape Breton Stock............ :banana: :banana: :beerchug:

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
and a properly tuned F6 will beat a stock F7 from time to time, but stock for stock, or mod to mod, the 03's are quicker and faster. They are 20 lbs lighter, have the 10T drivers, a lower ride height, and flatter approach angle than the 04's or 05's. (they also run leaner than the 04's)

Krom

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
ITS ALL ON SET UP PERIOD!!!!!!! I RACED 03s 04s SOME WHERE FASTER THAN OTHERS FROM WHAT I HAVE EXPERIANCED I THINK ON AVG TO ABOUT 1000 FEET A GOOD DEALER SET UP 05 WILL WIN STOCK FOR STOCK!

·
Registered
749 Posts
You might want to inform Dead1Dave that the 05's are supposed to fall flat after 75mph.I am pretty sure a 10.13 in the quarter at the Pro Sled Shootout with nothing but a set of Monster Pipes on his 700 would qualify as FAST. :beerchug:

·
Registered
843 Posts
2003's are the fastest stock for stock.... (Out of the box). After that, it all depends on who is doing the mods. That's a given. I think he wanted to know which was fastest from the factory. :beer:

·
Registered
314 Posts
My brothers 04 sno pro carb with only an aftermarket muffler (jetted correctly) was putting 4-5 lengths on a friends stock 03 standard in about 1000 ft. every time. Both sleds are studded. Seen it with my own eyes.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
once the 05s get these clutches dialed in i believe they will be the fastest... 06 will probly be just as fast.... :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I've ridden one 03' standard, topped out at 101.

Raced a million 03-04's lost to one 04' with Monster twins. and an 05' with chizzles, a PAC and clutching, I was on trail studs, And a clutched 03 with chizzles and a PAC system.

But ive beaten everyother one, on trail studs and chizzles.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
.....and my 03 F7 sno pro goes 113 on GPS stock on ice with trail studs and 1.375. How many 05's can get over 105?

Pro racers still run the 03's when they can so what does that tell you?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Originally posted by DR F7@Sep 15 2005, 07:43 PM
ITS ALL ON SET UP PERIOD!!!!!!! I RACED 03s 04s SOME WHERE FASTER THAN OTHERS FROM WHAT I HAVE EXPERIANCED I THINK ON AVG TO ABOUT 1000 FEET A GOOD DEALER SET UP 05 WILL WIN STOCK FOR STOCK!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=876959
[/quote]
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Cape Breton Stock....................... :frech32: :fluffy: :boxing: :flush: :smilielol:

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I was checking out the 06 models and my dealer even luaghed and admitted that if I actually saw 115mph out of my box stock 03 f7 sno pro that he sold me new last year (and i did :banana: ) that i better just keep it if that sort of thing matters to me(which it does :banana: ) he flat out admitted that the 03 box stock is the most powerful of all firecats ahnds fucking down no question about it.

but hey ya know if you want to go plop down 9 or 10,000 bux on a new one in the hopes that it has more grunt don't let me stand in the way besides dyno guys and aftermarket co. are making good $$ to get the slower machines back in the park and they need support too.

A good dealer will tell you the way it is cause they want to keep you in the long run.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I like a 05 myself but the 03 "lightest " with a 05 or 06 box "most hp stock" would be the hot ticket . Stock for stock . :dunno:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts