Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just got off phone with her father.He lives west of cadillac,wellston.He said that someone on snowmobile hit a tree and was killed.Just wondering if anyone heard anything about it??My wife always gets nervous when we go out of town riding,cause she has a friend whos husband was killed on a snowmobile.I try to tell her that there are many factors to these accidents,like alcohol and being stupid and many other things.So she was thinking we were going up north getting drunk riding like idiots(probably because my friends and i are beer drinkers and idiots :p )but i told her we dont even drink when we ride up north,cause its too far away to get help if your out in the middle of nowhere.We save the drinking for after the ride.I think that eased her a little.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE VERY CAREFUL B)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Almost taken out by some guys using excessive speed this year, and they never slowed down when they saw me, It was a couple guys on old arctic cats, must have been going wide open, I was doing an honest 50 and when I saw them slowed down to 20 and they flew right by. Pretty scary, I understand the occasional bursts of speed, we all love it, but I don't know has fun going wide open the whole time, even as you go by someone, thats ridiculous, slow it down a little.

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
i'd say the scariest thing about this sport, is the guy coming the other way.. I lead alot when we ride, and am always on the look out in turns and over hills. can't count the close calls i've had. one in Tug Hill stands out where an idiot was hammering on my side of the trail in an S turn, dodged me as i tucked in tight, but never lifted off the throttle and almost took out my wife and my buddies wife.... wish i had gotten the chance to turn around and "thank" him properly.

·
Registered
254 Posts
You ever wonder what the guy going the other direction thinks about you when he comes around that corner?

2 sides to every story......be careful.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I will say that with the lack of snow in the midwest this year, my trip to michigan wasn't that much fun. Too many sleds and people trying to "put some miles on", most to the point of excessive speed. I unfortunately won't be back up there for some quite some time. Oh well, what can you expect....

·
Registered
534 Posts
The other weekend I was riding on some rough trails. Doing about 40 around a curve when I came around and almost ran into a guy coming the other way who was taking up the entire trail ! ! ! !

So I got off my sled and went over and told him to . . . keep that groomer on your side of the trail.

:)

Gotta be careful out there.

(Sometimes you can't stear your way out of a problem with those blind turns.)

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by FINFASTF7@Mar 11 2003, 08:16 AM
WHY is it that you always meet the assholes in the corners?!?!?!?!?
I know, even 2' carbides wouldn't help you avoid them! That pisses me off! :angry:

·
Registered
188 Posts
how about, when we see someone in a bar getting sh*t faced we take them outside and beat the sh*t out of them before tell kill someone! :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts