Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of question are ask about clutching but there is not lot of answer , or not much to try . can someone give me a set up for my f7 for using much in trails. i want to be faster than stock in 1000ft .. hey guys who bought clutch kit can you let us know whats in ? thanks!!!!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I am putting on a dalton helix(snocross)66 gram cat weight's,orange/white primary spring...should gain 2 to 3 length's on a stock one...let u know when i get it on this week.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much ski-cat and rev them up , i have call Dale at Dalton and i think he have somthing for me, just waiting next week to receive the parts . I let you know when i'll try it. it's suppose to be very fast. thanks again for the advices!!

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I ride with someone that has one from speedwerx. When we race he gets a good 5 sled lenghts on me. Both sleds are bone stock (F7 SP with 1 3/8 track).

·
Registered
701 Posts
rev them up -

I run SW grn/wht primary which is equivalent to the org/wht AC you are referring to (140/290) and I also run their 66 g light tipped weights. If these are equal, I found good luck with the SW 59/53 progressive helix and their silver secondary spring in hole #2 or #3. Also, any dual angle 62/50 with AC grn in hole #2 works a little better for drag racing (good traction), but is not quite as good as first secondary setup in the trail. Good luck

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I cant rember the degrees of the helix it is a snow cross(sx027)....he also recomened the 59/53 helix.He said to run the snowcross helix with the stock spring and to try it between the #3 & #4th hole...the snowcross is a little better then the 59/53 he said.Thanx zr800...any info is good info.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I am running a D&D helix, 58/52, Ornge-wht primary, 66gram weights. I can't seem to get the rpm's over 7700. Anybody tell me why? I did try to wind the spring in sec. all the way.Also would a little stiffer sec. spring help? If so what is the next step up from stock

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do not clutch with the secondary spring!! Your RPM problem is your Primary......Adjust it to the right RPM, then mess with Helix's....Tightening the secondary will lose you 5 sled lengths.......and 3 MPG.....

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I am running a dalton snowcross ..66 weight's..orange/white primary.It run's harder out of the hole...my rpm's are at 7650-7710 with the spring in the middle hole.Before i did this my sled turned 8100...it pull's much harder now even with the less rpm.This is also with only 150 miles on a new top end(pistion's and head's).

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
The way i understand it is if u want to go fast on the top end u want to rev about 8050-8150.If u want to go fast on the bottom 660-1000 try and keep the rev's around 7700-7800 where it makes it's most torque.Anybody eles have though's on this.Am i right or wrong???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts