Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Huys I know this has been beat to death...BUT...i put in my 719 Helix last week and honestly i didnt really notice much of a difference. The machine feels like it may be hitting a little harder for about 5 seconds and then she starts overrevving up to 8000. When I whack the throttle it hits right at 7600 and hangs like I said for about 5 seconds and then starts climbing.
Now I have it on the 70 angle. Should I be on the steep angle or the lower one with the mods I have?
My mods are full SLP pipe, 74G MTX with 1 or 2 in the tip... i cant really remember....installed them last year, Blue/Pink Primary and Black/Red secondary. I am running the 1080 belt. I am geared down to 23-39 but am planning on going to 24-38 when I get home from away next month. My top end is not what it should be. I seen 114 completely stock and am only getting 94MPH now. I know the gearing affects this but that is why I am going to a higher gear combo to get SOME top end back.
I have the Yellow EPI Primary to install yet and am planning on getting some 78g Belly busters and am hoping the weights bring the rpm's down where they should be at 7700

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
change the angle that should drop your RPM by about 200 by running th steep track with more finish angle.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
You probably should be trying to get around 7600-7650 with that set up. I think yOu are overreving at 7800 even with the slp pipe.

For a stock 05, polaris says the rpm is around 7450-7500 and some people will say their stock sled was dynoed and made peak at 7200. I "think" with the slp pipe you should be around 7600-7650. I also believe/think if you had the full slp package the rpm goes up a little higher.

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I know where I should be for revs...but noone has chimed in and said what angle they are running, with what mods and what the results are. Is there any noticable difference between the 2 angles.
I just want to get the most out of this sled for what clutching and gearing we can do without getting into the motor.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
You should be running 75-7700. Gear it back up, you are much too low. About 24/37. Use the torque that engine has. The lower you gear, the quicker the helix shifts out of the steeper angles to the shallow one. Run it on the steep track, the black/red spring should be ok. 3 grams in the tip for sure. I do not believe you will be able to keep the rpm down with such a stiff primary spring, without heavier weights. Going to the epi yellow will help shift out.

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You should be running 75-7700. Gear it back up, you are much too low. About 24/37. Use the torque that engine has. The lower you gear, the quicker the helix shifts out of the steeper angles to the shallow one. Run it on the steep track, the black/red spring should be ok. 3 grams in the tip for sure. I do not believe you will be able to keep the rpm down with such a stiff primary spring, without heavier weights. Going to the epi yellow will help shift out.[/b]
Thanks Pockets...some helpful info for sure. Thats what I wasnt sure of with my gearing..was the Helix shifting out too soon? And it felt like it just wasnt pulling nearly as hard up top.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thanks Pockets...some helpful info for sure. Thats what I wasnt sure of with my gearing..was the Helix shifting out too soon? And it felt like it just wasnt pulling nearly as hard up top.[/b]
Hey all not to step on anyone about that 719 helix but what do you weigh if your heavy (like 300+)you need to run a 66-46-46 helix with the red pink in the secondary, too low of a finish angle will slow the sled down also run 11-76 weights and a black white spring in the primary clutch this will give you about a 4100 rpm engagement also keep the clutches running cooler but it has some issues about backing up if you run into that then lower you engagement to 3800 rpm and this should cure that problem if your lighter then that then pockets set up will work hope this helps have a great day

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey all not to step on anyone about that 719 helix but what do you weigh if your heavy (like 300+)you need to run a 66-46-46 helix with the red pink in the secondary, too low of a finish angle will slow the sled down also run 11-76 weights and a black white spring in the primary clutch this will give you about a 4100 rpm engagement also keep the clutches running cooler but it has some issues about backing up if you run into that then lower you engagement to 3800 rpm and this should cure that problem if your lighter then that then pockets set up will work hope this helps have a great day[/b]
I have a set of 11-74's and 11-76's that I have not tried yet, but I gave them to a friend with a modded 2005 900 Fusion and he really liked them. He was using the SLP weights with the rivets and he likes the aggressive bottom end of the 11 series weights better. He's running a really steep helix and he had me order some 11-72's to try as well. He hasn't tried them yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts