Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Cleaning out the clutches on my sons 98 Indy 500. I asked about some clutch set ups and was told a stock red spring in #2 and 42/36 helix for the secondary. Or a HSP white in #2 and an R11 or R12 helix. A polaris light blue primary with stock 10 M5 weights. What the sled has in it now is a Gold primary spring with stock 10 m 5 weights. Secondary is also a Gold spring, helix is stamped 46 in black ink on front. Says 36 in raised numbers on the back. So I'm thinking its a strait 36 helix. Has 1 shim under it. Any one know what rates these Gold springs are? Can't find any info for them. I don't see any other color on the springs, just gold. Or if this is an ok clutch set up? I would think it was stock but not sure??

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is stock. Straight 36 helix. The gold secondary is one step heavier than the red. It can easily be improved upon.[/b]

I was wondering what you would suggest for this sled. I do have an R-11 helix for it. Any suggestions on the improvements you can think of? Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
The R11 will work ok. At the least change the primary spring to a polaris 7041080, and the secondary to a 7041198 red along with the helix change. Use 3-.030" shims under the snap ring when using the 3211070 belt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.