Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the differences from the 03 to the 04. I am looking at an 03 and he says it is like the proto for the 04, has 04 geometry etc... I just want to make sur ei am not missing out on something big you know what i mean...
Thanks TJ

·
Registered
883 Posts
I have had both chassis the 05 and the 03. To be honest i loved the 03. It was easy to find parts for and it was comfortable to ride but at the same time it was aggressive with the a little bit of rider forward positioning. The 04 chassis wasnt much different from the 03 other than the steering being a little bit farther forward and maybe a few little other changes. They are a good solid sled that is proven to be a winner. You will be happy with it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
the rider is further ahead on the 04, the steering post goes beside the motor, not under it (if you put handgaurds on it you'll curse every time you open the hood). The skid frame is the same parts but just set up a bit differently between the 03 and 04. Deeper lugs on the 04 track. fuel tank recall on the 04. the 03??? different graphics. different bars.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i talked to the guy (Bender Racing)more, and it ends up he made this as a prototype for polaris, it has the steering post over motor, flattened out running boards, etc...So i have all the pros of the 04 with the 03 motor(older water pump gear that is more trail friendly) I plan to buy it, sell the motor, and drop a 600 in it...

As far as getting an IQ, i would love to but funds don't allow, damn college!!!

Thanks TJ

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Hey TJ whats up with your old 03 prox 6???? I know there will be slight differances but I would think you could turn your 03 into a factory racer???

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm selling my dads 02 xc 600 and he will be inheriting my pro x. I want something to be just for jumping etc, and i already made the pro x into a 136" so i want a 121 for the jumping scene, but my dad likes the pro x .. so i guess we will both make out well..
TJ

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Cool , I wished my Dad got into power sports when I was your age , he has every toy he ever wanted now .... there wasnt any extra money when I was growing up..... See ya up at Colman sp this winter!

Later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts