Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer just installed 120 woodys with angled backer plates . Now which way are the picks supposed to angle . It looks like they did it wrong . any feedback will help or a pic will work to .

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
if you are looking at the sled from the rear up into the tunnel, the studs should be going forward towards the nose

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea they put them in backwards . I think im cursed this year . Next year I getting a new sled and a new dealer .

·
Registered
64 Posts
Someone give me a legitimate reason why the direction of the design will make any kind of difference. The only things that matter are: amount of penetration and # of scratch lines.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Originally posted by DillonConstruxn@Mar 2 2003, 03:12 PM
Someone give me a legitimate reason why the direction of the design will make any kind of difference.  The only things that matter are:  amount of penetration and # of scratch lines.
If you took a pin and dragged it backwards along the top of your hand it would scratch. If you angled it the other way, it would dig in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My mistake. I thought we were talking about stud pattern not angled backers. I need to read before I open my mouth (or get off these pain killers as I seem to do and say some weird things). Good analogy though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts