Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
If it has power valves, Interceptor. If not use the HP. Anydealer can supply, some stores sell it. If you do not have any luck there, I can help you out.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,254 Posts
Nickels, are Haydays prices on Amsoil, Much better than Grayslake or Milwaukee shows prices?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Yep HP is all you need for your sled. My dad is an amsoil dealer so if you need some I can sell it to you more in bulk quanities though because thats the cheapest for us and the customers. We only run interceptor in our sleds since all of them except my sisters have exhaust valves and its just a much better oil if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by racerdave@Sep 5 2005, 10:02 AM
Nickels, are Haydays prices on Amsoil, Much better than Grayslake or Milwaukee shows prices?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=861386
[/quote]
The last few years I have bought it at haydays. So I didn't really price it at the other shows. From what I remember it was cheaper. I don't think anyone had it at grayslake last year for that price. I didn't make it to Milwaukee last year so can't answer about there.I have bought a case of gallons for $76 the last 2 years at haydays. I'd say you will save a couple $ a gallon at haydays compared to the other shows.I know everywhere that sells it around here it goes for $30 a gallon. :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,581 Posts
Originally posted by nickels@Sep 5 2005, 09:14 PM
The last few years I have bought it at haydays. So I didn't really price it at the other shows. From what I remember it was cheaper. I don't think anyone had it at grayslake last year for that price. I didn't make it to Milwaukee last year so can't answer about there.I have bought a case of gallons for $76 the last 2 years at haydays. I'd say you will save a couple $ a gallon at haydays compared to the other shows.I know everywhere that sells it around here it goes for $30 a gallon.  :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=862192
[/quote]
I sold out early at Grayslake last year, but plan to have more to sell this year.

Drop me a line, if you need your name on a couple cases, I don't want you to end up with brand X!

PolarisKid98:

That 98 XC700 big block does not have Exhaust Valves. If it was mine, I would use HP Injector in it, the Interceptor would be overkill, unless your other sleds have VES, then the convenience of using only one oil for all would be worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by ExcursionPSD@Sep 6 2005, 01:31 AM
I sold out early at Grayslake last year, but plan to have more to sell this year. 

Drop me a line, if you need your name on a couple cases, I don't want you to end up with brand X!

PolarisKid98:

That 98 XC700 big block does not have Exhaust Valves. If it was mine, I would use HP Injector in it, the Interceptor would be overkill, unless your other sleds have VES, then the convenience of using only one oil for all would be worth it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=862349
[/quote]
What do you sell it for at grayslake?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Amzoil....Oh yeah

More than 30 000 miles on 3 different 700 twins......... Amzoil.....NO probs.
Gotta love NON ves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Ooops.........Forgot to answer what you were asking for!

Amzoil HP....great oil at a fair price.....

·
Registered
258 Posts
Will Interceptor cause any probs in a non VES sled? I wouldn't think so but thought I'd ask since I started using it last year. (got a good deal from guy I ride with).

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Paid $78 for a case of Interceptor this year at haydays. Thats the lowest price I came across this year. Most dealers were low to mid $80's. With some as high as $100.

·
Registered
666 Posts
i don't know about you guys but i have had no luck with Interceptor in my pro-x . the valves were so gummed up after about 600miles that i could barely get them out. i saw no real difference between polaris ves oil or the synthetic shell in the green bottle(i swear that it is the same as the polaris ves oil). i might try yamalube in it this year. i had now problems with valves sticking in my srx.

i also might try adjusting my oil pump first.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I have had no problems on my pro x with interceptor. I had problems on my 440 but I had a carb running rich, the idle screw was turned in alittle to much.

·
Registered
666 Posts
redxcr440 ..i am sure you haven't had problems with your valves in your 700. my brother in law has the same sled and it burns well. this 600 pro-x of mine runs so different than the xc600(i guess due to the different air box, carb set up and pipe), it is really trying me. i have to go over it with a fine tooth comb this fall make sure everything is set up right(timing, carbs, oil pump etc).

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you have not tryed KLOTZ you should give it a try. I use it and works great. I think it maters how hard you ride and how your sled is jetted, If your sled is jetted pig rich your engine will run cooler and build sticky carbon. I think you can run about any oil and have no problems if you have a well tuned engine.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Its weird how people have different experiences with different oils. My 02 srx ran nothing but yamalube, no problems at all. My buddy with same sled and used yamalube they gummed up all the time. We checked everything to make sure it wasnt running to rich, and he drove the guts out of it. Now my 04 800 polaris i used polaris oil for the first year and they gummed up constantly, my friend who is older and drives alot more "carefully" than he used to, his are spotless after 1300 miles with polaris oil. I now use amsoil interceptor and have alot better luck, but never able to take them out after 1000 miles and put them back without touching them. :dunno: :beerchug:

·
Registered
46,266 Posts
After reading all these opinions on oil...I'm confused whats best...I know a lot of guys I ride with swear by Amsoil...I might even try it someday, but I've been really satisfied with Spectro-Syn-sno...its local and doesn't crud up the exhaust valves like the Polaris vesII oil does. I guess everyone should just stay with what works best for them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts