Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone stay there before. I reserved a room there for the Haydays weekend. Maybe I should ask on the Wi. section. Rooms are a third the cost of the Hampton in Lino Lakes. I just need a decent room and pool

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Id say if you got somthing just now thats pretty lucky.I think most of that stuff is booked a year in advance but maybe people forgot to book with the covid last year

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had no problems finding rooms yesterday. I checked 3 places and 2 had rooms. I booked the Hampton in Lino lakes where I always stay but it's now to 406.00 for 2 nights. Nice continental breakfast but not that nice. I then thought the Taylors falls area because it is close, and this one popped up. I booked both just in case.

·
Registered
'17 XCR 800 / '18 XCR 800 SB
1,372 Posts
Haydays has been on my bucket list for awhile. For years we always ran our local snowmobile fundraiser that same weekend....
We finally switched weekends!
Last year was first opportunity to go, but damn Covid..

I booked a campsite at Wildwood RV Park and Campground about 1 month ago. I was surprised there was so many open sites to choose from. I didn't know if that was common or not?
I thought about using the on-site camping, but I have a 2 year old. I figured he would appreciate the campground amenities, vs field camping at Haydays. When he gets older, I would like to be on site.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be onsite all day helping a friend sell his wares. He gets me in on Friday, and Friday is a hoot. Funday before the madness. I find it wonderful to leave the madness and go soak my old bones. There is no way I want to be there 24/3 or even 24/1

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
I will be onsite all day helping a friend sell his wares. He gets me in on Friday, and Friday is a hoot. Funday before the madness. I find it wonderful to leave the madness and go soak my old bones. There is no way I want to be there 24/3 or even 24/1
When the time gets closer Ill PM you my number and we can have a beer .Fri is the best day of the weekend as far as Im concerned.Its a long day though. We usually leave home about midnight Thursday then I maybe only get an hr or two of sleep at some point friday.Saturday is crazy.Im thinking about not selling stuff one of these years so I can actually just walk around and enjoy the place.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When the time gets closer Ill PM you my number and we can have a beer
I usually bring over a few Widowmakers to enjoy with the Uncle Marks crew. I had a Keg of the stuff there a few years back. The ice to keep cold cost way more than the beer. And man did it get shook up on the trip from Michigan.

Reactions: potatodigger1

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
You guys know haydays will be the biggest crowd in years. Everyone will have so much pent up sled aggression, since everyone missed last year. That and a low snow year, and the dealers will have tons of new old stock to sell all over.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can't wait myself. Is it September yet?

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
All I can say folks is avoid this place like the plague. I just checked my personal email and I received a cancellation notice from the Amerivu Inn. I quickly called to get a woman sounding like she was fresh off the plane from Serbia. I explained they sent me a cancellation notice and she said they were going through new ownership and operating system changes.She tells me she can reserve the room back for me at 20 bucks more a night. No way, this was reserved back 2 months ago. I have a feeling this is another we give tax credits to foreigners to buy a business and then they start fucking people. I am so tired of this shit I will gladly pay the extra couple hundred just to stay at a nice reputable hotel. Rant over Travelers beware

·
Registered
2021 XCR Switchback 850
2,423 Posts
All I can say folks is avoid this place like the plague. I just checked my personal email and I received a cancellation notice from the Amerivu Inn. I quickly called to get a woman sounding like she was fresh off the plane from Serbia. I explained they sent me a cancellation notice and she said they were going through new ownership and operating system changes.She tells me she can reserve the room back for me at 20 bucks more a night. No way, this was reserved back 2 months ago. I have a feeling this is another we give tax credits to foreigners to buy a business and then start fucking people. I am so tired of this shit I will gladly pay the extra couple hundred just to stay at a nice reputable hotel. Rant over Travelers beware
I just went through this exact scenario with a place in Nebraska. New owners, didn't want to honor previous owners agreement, and charged us an additional $80 when we looked up our statement. Fortunately, it was a hotel by Hilton and they made him refund us the $80.

·
Registered
G4 Freeride 137 850 & Pro RMK 163 800
185 Posts
All I can say folks is avoid this place like the plague. I just checked my personal email and I received a cancellation notice from the Amerivu Inn. I quickly called to get a woman sounding like she was fresh off the plane from Serbia. I explained they sent me a cancellation notice and she said they were going through new ownership and operating system changes.She tells me she can reserve the room back for me at 20 bucks more a night. No way, this was reserved back 2 months ago. I have a feeling this is another we give tax credits to foreigners to buy a business and then start fucking people. I am so tired of this shit I will gladly pay the extra couple hundred just to stay at a nice reputable hotel. Rant over Travelers beware
This is ridiculous, what dirt bags! I would highly recommend leaving a review on TripAdvisor explaining exactly what happened. What they are doing is a classic “bait and switch” and might be highly illegal.

I called the hotel for shits and giggles and it’s definitely Indian (Patel) owned now. Lots of Indian owned hotels are ran (into the geound) like this, unfortunately.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I have sent a complaint to AmeriVu corporate and gave them a nice google review. I am not sure I would stay there if it was free now.

·
Premium Member
2019 Pros switchback
2,567 Posts
I have found most hotel/motels have been bought up by people from India.
They get rid of franchise name.
If the lawn is not mowed or kept up someone from India owns.
Several in Hayward have been bought by them.

·
Registered
G4 Freeride 137 850 & Pro RMK 163 800
185 Posts
I have found most hotel/motels have been bought up by people from India.
They get rid of franchise name.
If the lawn is not mowed or kept up someone from India owns.
Several in Hayward have been bought by them.
I’ve worked in the hotel business for 20+ years and agree, unfortunately. I’d say least 40% of US hotels are owned by people of Indian descent. 70%+ of franchised hotels like Wyndham, Choice and smaller economy brands like AmeriVu and Red Roof are Indian owned in the US. These hotels are often operated by investing as little as possible.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I used to deal with a lady from Serbia, she ran an international freight forwarder/clearance house. I had flashbacks of chatting with Beata when I talked to this lady yesterday. She had the same accent. Nevertheless I am so frustrated with this whole situation. Thank God I kept both reservations.

Reactions: HandoEX

·
Registered
[email protected]‘19 Indy XC 600’s
361 Posts
The company I work for has been bleeding money on the hotel side for the last year and change. Probably is a good time to buy one now, if it is not to far north? Mariner has probably never been worth more than it is now!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts