Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I have been reading, everyone who has had to adjust thier APV cables is sayng that theirs were set too short form the factory..... Were anyones elses cables too long from the factory or is it because I had 600 miles on my F7 before I checked that I had to "shorten them around 1/4 of an inch. I can't imagine that they stretched that much in 600 miles?? Anyone?
-John

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
where does it tell you how long they should be? in the cat manual that comes with the sled?

oh yah and how do you know if they are short or not?

My sled seems to be slower now then when i first got it on hard pack, so do you think it has somthing to do with my powervalve cables?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Cable length. Make sure you are pulling up on the cable to remove slack,,,, IMPORTANT.. I found the silver cable guide has to be pushed into the cable at the same time, or the measurement will be false.. Pull the cable up, and push the cup down.. gillystv

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by gillystv@Jan 26 2003, 09:44 PM
Cable length. Make sure you are pulling up on the cable to remove slack,,,, IMPORTANT.. I found the silver cable guide has to be pushed into the cable at the same time, or the measurement will be false.. Pull the cable up, and push the cup down.. gillystv
gillystv,

So what you are saying is to make sure that while pulling on the barrel of the cable(toward you) , make sure to push on the black cable housing(away from you) to get the correct measurment..... Correct??
-John

·
Registered
227 Posts
YES, i made that mistake...you will not get the correct measurement if you don't push the black sleeve down. mine is set at 35 mm or 1 3/8ths...it tells you in your cat book that came with your sled. Now as far as if it would be faster or slower with the cable being set alittle longer or shorter...I would like to know also.. :huh:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
This is too funny!!!

Just this weekend, I had to put my cables on twice, they both popped off, it seems like when the servo twists back to close the valves, there is slack in the cable, which, combined with vibrations and bumps, pushes those cables out of the barrel housing holding them.

My original solution was to put a washer on the open end of the barrel where the cables slide in but in talking with some other people who have other cat sleds (Not F- Cats), they don't seem to have this problem.

Now that I think about it, it makes sense that the cables are too long. But, that being said, if they are too long, is the servo motor turning enough to pull those cables all the way open, and if not, then one could assume that you aren't getting the most top end out of your sled.

Thanks for the post about the length SnoDogg, I'll be checking that this Friday when I go up to the camp in Old Forge.... I'm gettin sick of sliding these cables back into the slot!!!

Later

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Guys, i just took cover off servo motor, turned motor very slowly to bottom it out. Pulled piped and made sure both power valves were smooth to the top of the ex. port.
Skydog

1 - 9 of 9 Posts