Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just was looking at my signature block and noticed that I must really be what marketing guys dream about, "a target market". It seems to me that I have bought every sled that AC has really pushed in their marketing materials and brochures. When they came out with the '96ZRT600 I just had to have it. When they put the potent 600 triple mill into a new body style. I just had to have the '99ZRT600LE. When triples were out of fashion and big twins were the rage I had to have '01ZR800. When 700cc's were being toughted as being lighter and faster I just had to have it, '03F7STD. Boy does AC have my number or what. I am sure if AC would have come to the table with an F8 or an F9 I would have to make the switch again. Instead I am holding on until at least next year. How many other are tortured when the new brochures come out?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
alas I also am a tortured soul...should I keep my F7?? should I buy a firecat ext?? pure torture I tell you

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
It's hard to be strong, isn't it? I can hold out for 4 years usually, but then I gotta have a new toy...one of these days the wife just ain't gonna understand :lol:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hey, you guys should work at a dealership! I've owned every hyped up sled since 1990! All the Ext Specials, 1993 ZR440, ZR580 EFI,
ZRT 600, ZR 440 Sno Pro's, now Firecat's, 15 sleds and counting! But, working at the shop does have it's benefits! So, getting caught up in the hype isn't all that bad! Next year: F6 EFI Here I go again!

·
Registered
326 Posts
My first new sled was a 92 Wildcat. Then I rode a 94 ZR700 for years. This year I bought a ZR900 and will ride that for years. I get tortured every year and again with the early releases, bit if you make a choice about what is right for you and not what is hyped you will find that you always have a good sled in the garage without buying every year.
Russ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts