Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an aluminum or chrome brake resesvoir cover on a post earlier.Does anyone know where to get one or what web site that was on? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
black magic,
i have one with sno-pro logo, contrary to other b.m. beliefs, it fit perfect
they have different logos to choose from

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Cat S. What a great site! 2 minutes and I have an answer to my question! Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
I got the "Firecat" one. Fits perfect and looks really good.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Mike, I just ordered the plain one. Had to have it. My original equipment black plastic one got a little "scuffed up". :wacko: Windshield on the way? ;)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Just so you guys know. The actual cover does NOT look like the pictures shown on the website. On the BM website the graphics, F7, F5, Firecat etc. are shown in black. On the actual cover the graphic is just etched into the cover and not filled in with the black.

I asked BM about this and they said that the Black filled letters are only used on the website, so they stand out in the picture.

It still looks good, just not what I had in mind when I opened the package. Just so you know what you are getting.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
cool,that makes it easier to customize it,put any color you want in the etching and now you've made it your own creation!

·
Registered
962 Posts
I was already thinking about acetoneing the black paint out to make it just aluminum or the letters yellow. Now this takes the work out of it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Just a note...

When installing the Black Magic cover, remove the stock rubber gasket from the OEM platic cover and place it inside the Black Magic one.

If you fail to to this, you will most likely see some brake fluid disappear from your reservoir and onto your bars.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Not that this is a big deal either, but the replacment stainless steel screws are phillips head and not torx.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I also ordered the "Black Magic" logo cover. It's look cool. I went for a ride with my dealer last week and the first thing he noticed was the cover. "Hey where did you get that."

SeymourF7

1 - 13 of 13 Posts