Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TOMOROW 1.3.08- There will be an approval meeting at the Alton highschool for a motorsports park (motocross and snocross) tomorow at 6 PM.

ANY SUPPORTERS ARE WELCOME, WE NEED ALL THE BACKING WE CAN GET!!!!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
motosled
I'm gonna try my best to be there i dont know if it will work out ive been pretty busy lately but ill see what i can manage, i want to get to the meeting bad. I have heard about it but don't really know all the details but im definitly supportive. If I can't make it maybe i could write a letter or something that you could bring up or something. Let me know so maybe if i can't make it I could still show my support.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
is there land already prospected for something like this in alton??? i have family there and haven;t heard about this till now.

·
Registered
749 Posts
is there land already prospected for something like this in alton??? i have family there and haven;t heard about this till now.[/b]
I'm pretty sure its a guy that has over 50 acres and wants to build it on his property but i dont know for sure.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is there land already prospected for something like this in alton??? i have family there and haven;t heard about this till now.[/b]
There is, off of rt 28 there is a 50 acre parcel that will be sold pending the appoval of this track. We are proposing to build a motorsports park. It will be mainly focused on motocross racing/practice, possibly snocross in he winter.

We have already done sound testing, and will be building sound barriers in two spots where noise is noticeable to the abutters. The track will follow the AMA sound limit for closed course competetion, and could possibly be lower than that. We are looking to keep everyone happy and not cause any trouble.

Thanks, Josh

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
where off of 28? anywhere near mt. prospect?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
its about 5 mins from the Alton circle. The entrace road is gated.[/b]
south of the circle or north? sorry for all the questions just trying to get a bearing on where you planning on doing this...i would be all about something like this in the area as long as it doesn't interfear with my hunting grounds. my father and i hunt all over the area around the cemetary, water works, along the river, and all over prospect mt. area.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'll be there to give my support as you will need all the support you can get with the way some of the folks are in Alton!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
south of the circle or north? sorry for all the questions just trying to get a bearing on where you planning on doing this...i would be all about something like this in the area as long as it doesn't interfear with my hunting grounds. my father and i hunt all over the area around the cemetary, water works, along the river, and all over prospect mt. area.[/b]
I cannot see the track interfering with your hunting area, as it is on private property in an open pit-like area. The current land owner is an avid hunter, and is all for the track, so I assume it will not bother any good hunting spots in the area.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Josh, I wish I had known, I'm a member of MVTR (the largest trail bike club in the state) an I wish I could've told people at the meeting last night. Hopefully it will be mostly a practice track as there isn't one in NH that is committed to open practices. Let me know if you need any help an... if you like, post this on nedirtbikes.com (new england dirt bikes) as you'll probably get alot bigger response than on here. Let me know if there's anything I can do, ie. contact the club, bring it up at the next meeting, etc... most of the members are not motocrossers but are harescramble racers and enduro riders but most like to hit the track every once in a while.

jonathan

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
damn that would be sick, i am looking for a place to try out some snowcross. early snow di dnot allow me to finish mine, but this sounds like it would be awsome and olny an hour from my house and 10 min from my friends lake house.

·
Registered
17 Posts
They have another meeting this coming week, hopefully they get some good news. It would be helpful if some people from that area went in to give some support and show up for the meetings. Im sure they could use all the positive help hey can get.

·
Registered
531 Posts
to be able to help with meetings we need updates, and details. I am member of a 300+ member dirtbike club, I would be happy to bring it up at the next meeting, but have NO details, if ya want help, ya gotta ask!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts