Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got the motor in, started it, idles perfectly . got some snow today decided to take it for a few runs around the yard at 3/4 throttle. well first things first.

the suspension is still crap, i cant figure out why it keeps dropping straight to the stops that are on the rear, i have no dollies no nothing, as soon as i get on the thing it just drops and has nothing ride. i had the thing out i stood on the top of the rear scissor and could barely get it to compress at all. i am stumped the shock is good, from what everyone on here says everything looks good.

2nd when i start moving i can hear some sort of bearing noise, its only when i start to move, def not from the motor. sounds like it is on the pto side?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
well i got the motor in, started it, idles perfectly . got some snow today decided to take it for a few runs around the yard at 3/4 throttle. well first things first.

the suspension is still crap, i cant figure out why it keeps dropping straight to the stops that are on the rear, i have no dollies no nothing, as soon as i get on the thing it just drops and has nothing ride. i had the thing out i stood on the top of the rear scissor and could barely get it to compress at all. i am stumped the shock is good, from what everyone on here says everything looks good.

2nd when i start moving i can hear some sort of bearing noise, its only when i start to move, def not from the motor. sounds like it is on the pto side?

thanks for the help[/b]
Jackshaft or Driveshaft bearing?

·
Registered
66 Posts
how much work to replace[/b]
It might be just a loose track becuase of the SagAss suspension.
The drivers are just clunking

If it is the bearing behind the Driven clutch, here is how you do it........

Remove Belt
Remove Bolt holding secondary clutch
Remove The 2 Easy nuts holding the Flangette together.

Now it gets fun..... The SOB fastener...
A long handle open end/Box wrench is needed
Crawl under the sled and slip the wrench above the Track and loosen the Last
flangette nut. Don't mind the water that is dripping in your face......

Loosen the Set screws on the bearing collar and Tap the bearing off.

Emery the shaft and put it back together.
Get someone to spin the bolt to start it when you position the washer & nut.
Shim the secondary to obtain 5/8 offset from the Primary

·
Registered
215 Posts
hmm about the noise u hear.. i got a 1996 XLT and when i move it makes a squeaking noise sorta i was wondering what it is also, is that what yours sounds like?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think you guys are right about it being in the track area because it sounds like it is coming from underneath

1 - 6 of 6 Posts