Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a difference with the Almond Round and the Almond Square?
What are the spring rates on these?

Looking to run 66 gram weights on my 700 Polaris with many mods.

Has anyone run Dalton Pro 68 gram weights??

Looking for a decent weight to run, after I see how my revs are with the 66's...I am over revving with the EPI Maroon and 64 gram weights.

Thanks

BigDog Racing

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I bellieve red rocket is correct the almond replaced the almond square. I thought I remembered the almond square have a 150 beginning rate but I could be wrong. I know it had a 330 finish rate.

You're not going to lose much rpm going from the EPI maroon to the almond. You will lose more rpm on the first half of the shift because of the lower initial rate of 140 compared to the 185. If you need to lose a little rpm accross the board look at an almond blue or almond gold.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
You need fairly optimal conditions to pull 66's when using a 310 finish spring in a single piped stock 700......
Cold, hard pack sea level sort of thing.
If it's anything less ideal than that they are a little heavy.
I ran an Almond ( 140/330) with the 66's and it helped keep the rpm right @ 8000 or a little higher.
Slightly overeving when perfect conditions but still kept alive when it got warm and or heavy conditions.

I think you're ported/head work which should be a little stouter for power so you will probably be dialed in well with the 66gr/310 finish combo.....Almond/red or Almond/blue.
I like the shift curve of the Almond though...nice spring from start to finish.

I think that maroon EPI is a 185/340 or 320?
Pretty harsh for trail riding IMO.

PS No FR&**^%$#* Snow here yet!!!!!!! Or anywhere elase to speak of in Ontario either!!
I'll keep ya posted if you're still thinkin of headin this way in Feb.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
:unsure: almond sq has not been replaced, they just added almond, they are two differant springs ,with two differant rates, almond sq.[ almond black] is 165-310, alomond[ round] is 140-330. just picked up a almond sq. today at poo dealer, use them in three xcrs. work great, just gotta replace with new every season.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Almond square (140-330) was nothing short of a mistake. Max life we ever saw was 500 miles before being twisted and sacked out. Almond round (140-330) is a direct replacement from Polaris, and what they changed to. Erlandson called the Polaris almond square 150-320 vs Polaris 140-330 rating and they suggested their red 150-310 as a substitute. I always liked the almond round in XCR's.

Almond square pn 7041566
Almond round pn 7041945

1 - 10 of 10 Posts