Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was having a beer or two, and the Vice President of the Artic Cat Haters Club, relayed a message to one of the other guys that we were with, that there are at least 15 blown up F1000's in the last couple of days in the North Woods. "Blowing up all over the place", blah, blah, blah!!!!! Well this is coming from a guy that rides a Frankenstein old school "trail mod unit", and personally I feel that he is jelous. He couldn't get around our ZR800's, and that was two chassis ago. He proceeded to say that these "mods" are taking their tool.

I pose the question to shut up my less fortunate x brand companions......how many of these have blown up? My F1000 has the mods, and has been trouble free. Please post your thoughts.

Maybe my buddy RK could share some insite to these reports. I expected to log in this morning, and experience nothing but doom and gloom on this forum.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I was just in the dealer getting the steering recall done and they have 4 of them back already, guys saying they won't even do 90 MPH. Service manager talked to Cat Friday and they acknowledged there are problem with the 1000 motors and told them to check the pistons. UH OH![/b]

Ya right.........funny,we have sold a ton of them....no problems at all......

Jim

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
sorry but i have pounded mine and nothing,,, and now i have allmost every mod in it, and it ROCKS 119-121 on the speedo but i have the 14 x128 in it as well

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Wow, those things are really moving. My dad's '96 Thundercat was clocked at 138 on the radar gun, I wonder if the 1000's can catch that. It'll be cool. to watch what these will be going once they are tuned to the max.

·
Premium Member
38,064 Posts
No shit RR1??? Bone stock, or a few goodies? – Roy[/b]
I figured that you knew what was done to mine Roy. :dunno:

D&D trail port, single pipe, y-pipe, V-force reeds, 4 bullseyes and a timing key. With D&D clutching.

I posted these earlier but i will again if it helps.

1 pic is of the my sled sitting next to the dragstip/road in front of my house this morning.

1 pic is looking down that road. Its a nice 2-3 mile stretch of straight flat road.

1 pic is of my odometer showing only 32 or so miles on it. I got 60+ on it now. We got about 2 inches of snow this morning and i said "time to play". I pulled out of my driveway, turned left and went about a mile up the road, turned around and "let her eat" When i went by my house the speedo read 122. That was fast enough for me for today down the center of a county road with only 2" of snow on it.

Im running the 15" x 1" hacksaw with 188 studs down the center belt. It's no where near enough. I was sitting damn near straight up and i wear an open face HJC sno-cross helmet. I think once i get 500 miles on it and get my body down out of the wind, its going to be a missle.

It was turning a touch over 7800 rpms, still climbing slightly in speed but i ran out of nerve.

·
Registered
542 Posts
What we have here is some guys that need to justify there purchase or lack of purchase which ever the case may be. I'm not shocked to hear the speeds I knew the horsepower #'s were slightly low and that there was ALOT left. Have fun this year guys becouse as more of these guys meat up with you F1000 riders on the white top thay will be made into beleavers just like the f7 HATERS of a fue years back when thay NEEDED to talk about the 03 recalls. than got spanked! Ride have fun and don't listen to all the bullshit!!

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
3 f1000 motors blew up this weekend on backlake in n.h talked to cat to day and they said that the 1000s ae lean in the mid range and that is were the problem is .if you run it wot it,s fine drink them cold :beer:[/b]
of the "3" what were stock.. lol

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
3 f1000 motors blew up this weekend on backlake in n.h talked to cat to day and they said that the 1000s ae lean in the mid range and that is were the problem is .if you run it wot it,s fine drink them cold :beer:[/b]

of the "3" what were stock.. lol[/b]
I was on Back Lake in NH, Friday through Sunday, only place with ice, and the trails were closed. I know of one that squeeked a piston and thats it. Wasn't stock, ported and so on, a friend of the owner took it for a blast and it squeeked, but the boondocker was on 660' program and he ran the lake which is at least a mile, is what I was told. :banghead:

It always makes me wonder when these supposed facts come from people with very few posts that nobody seems to know. Back Lake in NH was a very popular spot last weekend. :dunno:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have had a few cats in my day and have always been told that the mid-range on the suzooks is always a little lean (just like on other brands) so another words stay away from prolonged 5500-6500 operation. I spoke with my dealer yesterday and he pretty much figures the same with the 1000.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my motor blew twice, bought the sled from leader pools in toronto ontario, fixed last sunday by nbx, the sled blew the motor again the day i got it back with only 4 miles into the ride.

losing my confidence in AC

1 - 20 of 25 Posts