Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else living in a cloud of smoke? didn't know at first but man the smoke is blocking our view of the mountains. they downgraded our air quality today

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
455 Posts
Had a pretty bad haze here in Saratoga County NY yesterday. They should fine California for all of these emissions from the fires. Has to be more than all of the cars in their state combined.

·
Registered
81 Posts
In ONTARIO. The city Toronto yesterday had the 2nd worst air quality in the world . Due to wildfires in northern Ontario.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
It's bad here in NW CT. I woke up yesterday and the "haze" in the sky was a burnt orange. And it smells like a combination of iron and wood.

I shut the a.c. down as my whole house stinks like smoke now. I gave a SIL in Oregon...but she's on the coast.

·
Registered
44,410 Posts
Air's been ok here in the corner of nw connecticut although its been reported air quality would be fair. Seems every once in awhile you get a whiff of smoke like trees burning. With all the rain lately it smells more swampy than anything.

·
Registered
2014 ZR8000lxr 19-20 mileage = 904.5
4,351 Posts
Yesterday was the smokiest and haziest day I've ever seen in Philadelphia. Normally this crap is reserved for LA !

·
Registered
G4 Freeride 137 850 & Pro RMK 163 800
188 Posts
It’s been hazy here on the ND/MN border for a while. Hope these fires are done soon. Some days are worse than others and I know of two people that have had breathing problems on really smoky days.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the sun was shining on the ground orange. we can smell a burnt leaves type smell, and the mountains are obscured. figures we finally are getting sunny weather and it is hazy

·
Registered
2014 Ski Doo 600 GSX SE 137"
790 Posts
The smoke has been bad here on and off. Last Friday playing golf in west suburbs you could hit a ball off a tee with a driver and it would go up and you would lose sight of it in the smoke. Smoke was low to ground. Yesterday it was bad. Smelled like burning leaves outside. Today was windy and clearer. Playing on same golf course no smell and was overcast but that might have been the smoke again but just higher up. Supposed to be in the mid nineties the next three days and there are air quality warnings out. Been having them on and off for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Havent noticed any difference in Air quality but is that why it wont stop friggen raining this whole dang month!?! This summer blows so far , never seen it rain this much. The CT River is way too High with 25 ft trees floating down it. Was like driving an obstacle course with the Boat on tues. 😑

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Havent noticed any difference in Air quality but is that why it wont stop friggen raining this whole dang month!?! This summer blows so far , never seen it rain this much. The CT River is way too High with 25 ft trees floating down it. Was like driving an obstacle course with the Boat on tues. 😑
the hudson is no different. all the tributaries are screaming high, delivering fresh debris to the river. the willy wonka chocolate river water sucks. i was busy in june but ready to get the boat out. i think it will stay winterized. unless it stops raining for a couple weeks. but even then probably not worth it. my boat looks like the day i bought it in 1999 and i'm not looking to change that. i miss it

·
Registered
44,410 Posts
The lake here is the highest i've seen since moving here back in 2002. I think i heard if we get 3'' more rain it will break the month of july record for rainfall. Been pumping my boat out constantly this month...friggin float for the bilge pump keeps screwing up not triggering the pump to come on.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Has anyone not put 2+2 together yet?

Clinton in the 90’s signed a law called the “roadless initiative”......to “save money” (and also win the $$$ lobby money from environmental groups pushing for this).

This law meant the majority of Forrest roads would not be maintained and would allow “Mother Nature” to swallow-up these roads......

The outcome of this?? No Potential “break walls” in fire spread, and as importantly no easy way to fight a Forrest fire with equipment, firefighters, etc. so the potential to keep a fire small is now gone.......

So now fast forward.....how much of these huge fires are causing “climate change” all by themselves?? Tremendous heat generated, the smoke, etc.

And btw I am an independent, and voted for Clinton once out of 2, so not a bash politically but more a statement that there are now consequences from this law that no one will talk about.......Forrest roads were by design a way to “manage” Forrests and then to help minimize the size of the fires by design.....then most are wiped out by a law that should be under scrutiny yet has not been mentioned by anyone that I know of.....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts