Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new F5 owner. It's my first sled and what a riot it is to drive.
I am amazed at all the problems listed on this site. So, I started looking at other sleds out on the trails. It's my opinion that they are all build like crap. What's wrong with American pride? Start taking pride in your work! These machines should not leave the factorys with loose bolts and things not adjusted right. Do you need Honda to build sleds to wake you up?
Wake up!

·
Registered
70 Posts
YEAH THIS BOY IS RIGHT!!!!!!! NEXT TIME ITS GONNA BE YAMAHA YAMAHA YAMAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, WAIT DID YOU GET THAT, I SAID YAMAHA!, my dirtbike is built 10x better than my stupid f5!!! even though ive had no problems except for only having enough power for a ferry, my dirtbike will KILL this thing! It accelerates so slow, think about it, the power to weight ratio and the handling, i have an 02 yz250 with carraige bolts in every knob on my tires.. i have dragged every sled from 370's to f7's and in a 200 yrd race on hard packed trail and i just smoke every one of them!!! In my opinion sleds are for people who are too simple and incapable of riding something that is actually fast! Try a 250 sometime, hold onto your hat, BYE BYE woaaa baby

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK, I hope this thread doesn't get all wound up, and I'll zap it if it goes too far, but I'll just add my two cents for now..

Yes, I agree. ALL sleds are junk, and most dealers are idiots. I've said that for years. And Cat is no better or worse than the rest of them.. Yamaha??? Haha, I've got a number of friends that are (or already have) ditched Big Blue. Junk tracks, bad jackshafts and axels, snow ingestion, fuel pumps freezing, outdated suspensions, and maybe most importantly, slow to honor warranty work. Polaris? they never change anything, not even the overheating problems. Doo? Lots of troubles with unexplained meltdowns that you don't hear about on the web.

Ok, so they are ALL crap, what's a guy to do? Easy. Get on a brand-specific forum like this one and read, learn and share. There you go :rolleyes:

·
Registered
930 Posts
What other motorized vehicle do you put thousands of miles on in sub-zero temps all within a couple months...often pounding the crap out of them? I'm actually surprised they hold together as well as they do. A great majority of mechanical failures (I'm talking general maintenance items not Fcat burndowns, etc) are due to owner neglect or indifference. Same for a poor handling sled. Guys will complain that a sled handles terribly and sell the thing...then you look at their sled and the ski loops are almost touching :wacko:

·
Registered
86 Posts
cat is so close to being good. Most of the stuff is just stupid bolts to short, poor suppliers, not testing the new exchangers enough etc. They should have and almost did nail a 1st year homerun and blew it with stupid stuff that only seems to happen in this industry. But we including me keep buying.

S

·
0 Posts
If you don't take care of your sled and don't fix whats wrong with it you have no buisness having one to begin with, my first sled was a peice of junk too (CAT) just because I was an idiot and did not know how to ride it or work on it, melt downs, clutch problems, Man was I stupid!
Now I don't have any major problems with any of my 4 sleds and if I do I just fix it. I'll put a post on here to hopefully help out some of the guys to help them. Not put a post to just whine and cry like a little girl.
yamaha, polaris. doo. Man if I could put my favorite part of each sled on one sled what would I have? A pretty damn nice sled! That would definatly have a few bullitens to work out the bugs!
That's just My opinion.

·
Registered
831 Posts
what a bunch of whiners! you buy the most high performance sled on the market and bitch because you can't just dump gas and oil in and drive! buy a g.damn Z or a panther or shut up! what are you all a bunch of rookies?

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Snow hunter is right...You can't expect to have to have a sled of this caliber and power and put it through sub-zero temps and beat it up on trails, and then expect it to be like brand new when you are done riding for the day. There is upkeep and preventive maintenance involved with owning a sled. So, if you are just going to whine about it, get out of the sport and take up ping pong or something. I drove 4 hours today to ride for 3 hours on my sled. I love my sled !!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Man this guy should have rode sleds back in the 70's. Ride for a day fix for 2.

·
Registered
960 Posts
hey vance, how much does your 250 weigh??? obviously it is quicker! but is it faster??? NO!!!!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
I think the fit and finish on the F7 is good. I rode Blue and they have issues also.

Ther is a little more to a sled then there is to a dirt bike. I also ride a 250, so f###kin what! Two different sports!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts