Hardcore Sledder banner
141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have zero interest in anything but a 600. I grew out of that when I turned 45. Ten years ago. Now it is group rides with friends and family. Seen to many get hurt thinking speed is so important. We had 3 fatalities around here last year. One thing in common? Over riding the trails by going to fast.
you can still get dead on a 600 for sure. maybe slightly less dead than a 800 but still dead nonetheless

·
Registered
553 Posts
So running into a tree at 80mph on your 800 is worse than running into a tree at 80mph on a 600? LOL
How about dont put yourself into running into a tree? As in don't over ride the trail and your ability. 50 years riding. Zero trees! I have never had an insurance claim on any of my sleds come to think about it. Lucky? More like smart in my opinion. But to each there own I guess.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
I like the new cat. Its got a real racing look to it. Composite running boards as cool. Makes me wonder if the headlight poking up could be trail signals. Yellow for more people behind you, green for the last person of your group. I cant remember that that system is called. Or if its just for looks.

Its good to see something new from them again.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Looks wise it strongly reminds me of an IQR.
Same exact profile as the 05 IQR.
That's all fine and true, but the fact that you (poo riders currently) have no say on the cat forum. I have zero interest in hearing from another brands opinion. No idea what you ride btw. Just used you as a point.
Unlike you, some of us are shopping for something better than the ProCross. The new chassis is hopefully it. As for hearing things, you were banned and no one here should have to hear your opinion at all.
The exact statement made on stage by Cat at Hay Days was that “there’s a bigger displacement motor coming the following year” (meaning 2025)…”it’s just not ready yet, but it will be. And it will be the best 2 stroke engine on the snow.”

They never said if it was 800, 850, or 900. So that’s all just speculation. Wouldn’t surprise me if Cat one-upped everyone and went for a 900 or larger. They have a history of brining it big on HP.
Could be a 601. Don't hold your breath. 3 years after the release of the last 800 and it finally is almost running right. Doesn't give me confidence in an all new one. Would love to see them just fit what they have in the chassis so we don't need to wait another 3 years for it to be reliable.
Well since you don't own a cat currently, why are you here again? Kind of a no bash zone but you know that already right?
Well since you are banned from HCS what are you doing here? Unlike you those shopping for Cats are allowed in this forum. You are not.
Have zero interest in anything but a 600. I grew out of that when I turned 45. Ten years ago. Now it is group rides with friends and family. Seen to many get hurt thinking speed is so important. We had 3 fatalities around here last year. One thing in common? Over riding the trails by going to fast.
None of those have anything to do with the motor. Just as easy to hurt yourself on a 600 as it is an 800.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Gym saw that @tenacious84 fella eating that @6000 ZR RR dudes' lunch. Gym thought about giving him a slice of his avocado toast to make him feel better about himself for being so wrong so many times about so many things. Gym decided to bring him a cup of sorrow soup tomorrow and ate the avocado toast himself.
dang it GYM! i rarely venture into the general forum as i ride arctic cat (despite what 6000 ZR RR may claim) and stick to the chassis specific forums. now i have another entire section that i have to go through so i can add to the "wrong" list. this may take a while.

141 - 159 of 159 Posts