Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
come on now..... the other F5 owners is all we have to worry about.... what is your Christmas wish list...... I want 96 studs....clutch kit...4wheel kit....the beefed up track tension bolt kit.....different gears......ohh yeah I forgot v-force reeds

·
Registered
276 Posts
If were to do any mods I would have the entire sled blue printed and balanced. I'm talking blueprinting the cylinders and ports. I would have the clutches balanced and drivers trued. Finally i would make certian everything is in perfect alignment. This would give the most efficient and relliable setup possible. Oh ya, I am defenatly going to get the jetting dialed in. That would make a huge difference. When you beat someone across a lake you can honestly say they lost to a stock 500.

·
Registered
276 Posts
What i want the most for my F5 is an ashalt setup!!!! Nothing is more fun then running your sled year round.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have my V-force 3's in the mail. I'm gonna wait til after christmas to order more parts. I don't know what I'm getting for x-mas?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I put V3 in my 5. Didn't have any seat time so cant tell you the difference. I can tell you it didn't slow down any. Most of the premix is out and this sled pulls hard. Concerned about top end though. Not sure if it was the trail conditions or the sled but 95 on the speedo is all it had. At 90 I could tell it was running out of legs. Going again this weeked and im sure it will find a staightaway.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
From all the zr500s ive owned,the fastest is the 2001 500apv.I got that up to needle just going by 100 mph-they say these f5 digital readings are pretty damn accurate(off 1 mph) compared to the old setup(off 5-7mph)so if your getting 95-100 on a f5 your pretty damn good.The fastest i had my f5 was 85,but i ran out of room,but it got there pretty damn quick-scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts