Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems like the same tool for both,just curious .

++++++ Figured it out ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

·
Registered
556 Posts
I found that out when I swapped clutches between my 04 and my 01 they also use a different key the one on the Team is higher. You can mount the Team on the 01 but the old button won't go on the 04, you have to swap the keys. I just swapped the spacers along with the clutches and they lined right up.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FWIW, its still a 5/8ths offset,

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
The clutch alignment tool is the same for both clutches.
It's still a 5/8in offset

What confuses some is that the washers may, likely, will not be the same to get the same offset but the offset remains the same.
The amount of washers under the clutch bolt will also be different to accomodate the proper float on the shaft.
The inboard aspect of the inner clutch sheave of the secondary will still rest against the clutch offset tool whether it's the Team or the Button clutch when the offset is correct.

I swapped a button and the ^$#@@*% Team clutch with high regularity on my 03PROX7.
As mentioned the key is square on the Team clutch hub as the Team has a deeper cut but as long as you use the proper key for the Button and Team respectively you're good to go.

PS .......... Make sure you set your belt deflection prior to the clutch offset cause the 1st affects the latter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts