Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the best way to align the track, I loosened the track for the summer season so it wouldn't be tight all year, this year it seems to be making more track noise. it also might be the track is to tight, i just want to make sure the track is aligned and then i'll set the track tension accordingly. thank you!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
well to get them parallel you can either count threds on each side or measure

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
i jack up the rear so the track can spin freely then run it and watch to see if it is favoring one side or the other by looking at the distance from the track clips to the hifax.
adjust for alignment til you have equal distance of around 3/8" of an inch or so on both sides.

it helps a lot to have a buddy with you to help with either looking or working the throttle (and keeping a hand on the brake, just in case).

·
Registered
452 Posts
A meausuring tape doesnt lie. find a consistent place to measure from and go from there.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
a measuring tape also dont measure small increments like a couple threads, which is enough to get the track to run off center a little and wear the hell out of the hifax.
not to mention that if something in the skid or tunnel is a bit tweaked that is enough to make that measurement worthless.
the best way is to spin the track, and visually see if it is running with a bias to one side or the other.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
and you also wont see a thread or 2 difference as the track spins

but if you have the vision of ripsass I guess that works better then a tape measure

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
3,818 Posts
Everyone also has to remember that there is lateral movement from the track as it rotates. This is normal. The idea is to get this movement equal on both sides, so one or the other isn't favored. If you are trying to get the exact same measurement on both sides, you be forever making adjustments.

Also, don't forget that the track tension is changed everytime you make an adjustment....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts