Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything better than the stock box that is easier to install and get around or is it best to gutt the stock box
and live with it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gutted my stock box to allow me to get my hand down there to make sure it was on properly. No disappointments![/b]
Does gutting the box make it any smaller overall? My thought was gutting would only take stuff out of the
inside and not effect the overall size of the box.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Does gutting the box make it any smaller overall? My thought was gutting would only take stuff out of the
inside and not effect the overall size of the box.[/b]
Gutting the box just removes a shelf located inside the box. I removed the piece that forms kind of a "velocity stack" located on the very top of the box as well. Couldn't get my hand in far enough otherwise. FWIW

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,644 Posts
See this thread also.

Moving your coil to the side helps too.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,644 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This one:

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...=416124&hl=

Pretty much what micahicks said. Easier to reinstall becuse you can put your hand inside. Gutting it does not change the outer dimensions. Thats why I suggested mounting your coil elsewhere.[/b]
OK. Thanks for the link. I understand what you mean now. Ill be taking my box apart soon and doing this.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This one:

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...=416124&hl=

Pretty much what micahicks said. Easier to reinstall becuse you can put your hand inside. Gutting it does not change the outer dimensions. Thats why I suggested mounting your coil elsewhere.[/b]
OK. Thanks for the link. I understand what you mean now. Ill be taking my box apart soon and doing this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts