Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there selling the aluminum air box tube from speed werx for $59.95 I ordered a plastic one from my arctic cat dealer for a 02 - 03 440 snopro. It cost $12, took the stock F7 one out. Had to trim air box opening a little for it to fit in. You have to take a quarter of an inch off all the way around the opening. You have to buy 3 screws to hold it in. Its a 4 inch straight tube like the aluminum one. It only goes in correctly one way, you will see what I mean when you install it. I also put some silicon sealer under the lip to make sure it sealed up nice. Hose goes right on. Fits nice and looks factory ! $12 is better than $59.95 ! Now I have to get some snow to try it out ! Nothing wrong with saving a little $$$$ P.S. here is the part # 1670-315

·
Registered
861 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, maybe I missed a thread somewhere, but your doing this why?

Kevin :unsure:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Never mind, just saw the thread................. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
But aluminum is cool looking..I will would always like to try to save$$$ but...cool is cool.. and. I dont think you have to trim anything, does it affect the airbox at all.

Just looked at the SP pic and it looks like after this you can't put the stock one on...I'm not sure about the SW one. But it looks to be an even easier install and better function. We'll see I guess ;)

·
Registered
485 Posts
:huh: I know that if you get the airforce induction intake screen soaking wet the stock rubber tube collapses in on itself.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its suppose to give it some more HP, because it can breathe better. Thats what there saying on the aluminum one. I'll find out, If not I can always put the stocker back in.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree aluminum is cool and trick looking ! I just like my sled to look stock. Kinda stealth ! I don't want any of my friends to know what I have done to it !

·
Registered
986 Posts
Thats why I am trying the speed werx one ,cauce you can put the stock back on.The reason you could run the larger one on a snow pro was because it is carbed & not EFI so you could rejet for temp & not worry about burn down I know this because I had racers on 2 of my sleds last winter.Factory reprogramed boxes for what we wanted & then we took care with jetting

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can put the stocker back in, I tried it again after I trimmed it. The lip is wide enough to cover the hole just fine. I would have to use the 3 screws to hold it in place though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts