Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out last weekend playing in some unbelievable powder, and after about 2 hrs in the fun stuff the sled just died. I figured she was flooded after having been rubber side up more than normal :dunno: Anyway got it goin again and on my way, but something obviously wasnt right, sled pulled pretty good but didnt want to hold idle, and would almost stall. Finally the sled just died and wouldnt start. I figured I had iced up the carbs with all the pow pow, and was wondering what to do. Long story short, I figured Id check the gas just in case the guage was wrong then the hissing sound gave away the problem. Tank was air locked. Anyone know what may have caused this and if there is any way to correct it?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Your breather line may have been blocked. I don't like the way the line is looped. It can and will hold gas if sled is tiped. I loop mine up and over the handlebars, then back down inside the engine compartement. That way, gas does not stay trapped in the line, and I get proper breathing......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey Dix, I never had the tank air lock on me, but my 600 is doing something strange to!! I was in with scotty and randy there last saturday riping up the powder, but everytime I would lay her on her side for abit she would almost starve for fuel!! You now it's only boating around in the powder, nothing serious?? Wonder if it is a weak fuel pump? Did you check your vent lines for ice? But all the same, I haven't that happen yet!!! Going riding on saturday?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figure its the vent line causing me trouble, I didnt do a real good job routing it around when I replaced it this year. It may have been blocked off. Ill check it out.

Kenny do you run prefilters your intakes on your sled? I'll never ride again without them. Keeps them from blocking up and breathing free. Strange that your problem was only hapenin when she was on her side. Could it be a carb problem? Mine loads up pretty bad when she goes rubber side up, but most of them do lol.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Had the vent line get pinched between the tank and the steering hoop on a Classic. Created such a suction that it pulled the sides of the tank in by about 2 inches on each side!! Took the fuel cap off and it popped right back out. Rode home with a loose cap and then fixed the pinched line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts