Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my new Air intake, bought from The Outdoor Shop... Dan said it would flow more.. sure looks like it will... Oem intake on left, New S/W part on Right.. I can put my fist thru ID dia. on new part.. should work out good...

Attachments

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,440 Posts
Looks good, one question though.
You one intake in each hand, how are you holding on to the camera ? let alone snap the picture.
Flash and Flare

·
Registered
580 Posts
dang, one more thing to upgrade on my sled I didn't think was possible. LOL. WHat is inside the OEM tube? looks like some kind of rubber insert? flowing more air makes sense. Keep us updated on your top speed and mileage...

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
having more air flow is great and all, but will the computer be able to compensate and add more gas, otherwise you will be inducing a lean mixture??? :eek:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello all... I just put it on... Havent got a chance to ride.. no snow :(
I also just picked it with 153 Mega-bites 1.175... Im bored... !!! The original was all just plastic.. that locks in place with a twist.. As far as air flow being a problem, I dont see it messin with the computer at all... Its not like doing head work (porting), just allowing it to get the air it wants easier.. Like a K&N air filter for your car... I heard and only heard that on Sno-pro's they came with a bigger intake then the std. F7... Not sure ?? does anybody know for sure... and if so.. does it look about the same size as new S/W intake ???

Steve

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:p Oh and as far as how I took the Pic... Camera was in my mouth and I used my toung to snap pic... Girl friend loves me.. :D :D

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I don't think it matter how he held the camera because it is obvious that there is a big difference..

I think I will get the snopro one though because the SW one is expense for that little thing.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The computer should adjust no problem. Think about it. What if one person rides his sled at sea level and another at 4000 feet. There is a lot more oxygen in the sea level air then the air at 4000 feet. It is the oxygen content that affects combustion. I don't think we are talking about that much added air flow that you would have problems. Just my 2 cents. Maybe someone could ask GLS what he thinks.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Has any one installed this product and got a chance to ride there sled yet? if so i woul dlike to know if it did anything?

thanks,dave.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I don't think the altitude example is valid because the computer uses a barometric pressure sensor to determin that. I think it will run slightly leaner because it'll get more air for x amount of throttle opening. There isn't any mass air flow sensor. You could run it in the eth. position to compensate (as long as your running regular gas).

·
Registered
720 Posts
OK. I will admit I don't know a lot about it, but how does the computer use barometric pressure to adjust the fuel? There is a pressure sensor? Where is it, just out of curiosity? And doesn't barometric pressure change at any given altitude as well, like when it is snowing vs. when it is sunny? Higher pressure good weather, lower pressure bad weahter? Just because pressure changes, the oxygen in the air doesn't, or does it?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm not sure but on my 98 ZR 600 it was inside the airbox. You raise a good point about the varying pressure at a given altitude though, never really thought about it that way. :huh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts