Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I installed my SpeedWerx air-intake last weekend, and when I tried to pull the air intake cover off of the left side, it seemed too hard. So, just to be on the safe side, I did a serch on this website to make sure that I wasn't missing something, and found a post where it said that you need to pull really hard because they are snapped on tight. So, I went back to the garage & pulled harder... oops - broke the plastic!!!

The cover is two pieces with the outside having posts that are heat-staked onto the inside part. About half of the posts broke, and part of the plastic frame. :banghead: Well it needs to stay intact, or the intake won't stay put. So, I rigged it by drilling some holes and bolting the two pieces together (I should attached some pics for you guys), so I can ride this weekend. But, it looks like crap, so I need to buy a new part/s.

I called my dealer, and they can't figure out the part number for the whole sub-assembly. Take a look at the attached pictures #17 on the one picture is the outside piece, but it doesn't look to include the inside part that actually snaps around the intake. I can't find it anywhere. Also if these really are sold as two seperate pieces, then I'll have to figure out a way to heat-stake them together like the factory did... poor design.

So, lesson learned: When taking off the cover, make sure to pull on the back piece behind the outside cover, so they will come off together; I wish that they said that in the instructions.

Do you guys have any idea what the p/n is for the back piece?

Thanks, D

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
all you need is #17, the parts are not sold seperate, any one working at the smallest rum dum dealership should know this.

·
Premium Member
20,861 Posts
I'll second what Krom stated. It's one piece so it will come from Ac as one. When you pull it off, start in the front and peeeel it back as posted by RiverRat 2 months ago. I used a long thin screwdriver to reach in and push on the first two tabs to help release them, then again on the back two when you get there. You can manipulate the plastic much easier if it is at room temp or above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.