Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed today after my ride that there was a small ai buble in the oil line between the two clutches. Shoul I be concerned about this and if so how so I fix it. Also the oil light is flashing off and on with the oil at the base of the tank below the fill neck. Is this normal as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me when hit the gas hard.
I only had 75mi. on a full tank of oil and the oil light started to flicker off and on. It had me woried the rest of the ride.
Got back to the shop and toped the oil off went for a ride no more flickering.
Oil tank only took about a quart of oil.

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
You need to have the pump bled of air. I guess you could run premix until it passes, but I would bleed the pump. My light flickers after 100 miles on the same tank. Capacity is only 2.8 quarts. It comes on early as a warning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The oil bottle is designd wrong. In yellowstone I noticed 6-8" of pure air in my oil line. I brought it back to the dealer and he bled it and told me it was a design flaw,when ridden hard in corners the oil would actually travel up the neck of the oil bottle and then it would force air into the tube. he told me to keep oil bottle full .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by DARIN@Jan 19 2003, 09:44 PM
The oil bottle is designd wrong. In yellowstone I noticed 6-8" of pure air in my oil line. I brought it back to the dealer and he bled it and told me it was a design flaw,when ridden hard in corners the oil would actually travel up the neck of the oil bottle and then it would force air into the tube. he told me to keep oil bottle full .
that's BS.
The only way you can get air in the line is to tip the sled on the mag side with a half full oil tank and leave it that way for a few minutes.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rob,

I never tipped it on the mag side for a period of time and never had a half tank of oil. So my question is how did the air get there and should I be concerned.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rob: Amen to BS. I addressed this on Am Snow site and every 7 in our group had same problem that went away after several days of riding. One gentlemen had his bleed out in West over holidays and it reappeared in one day and left two days later. No blown engines from this. g.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rob its not bs because it happened to me. I posted it on american snowmobiler for gls and you can read his response.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
i also had one show up right at the outlet of the oil tank! and i fill mine before every ride? and do not tip it on it's mag side.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rob , before this I never tipped my sled on the mag side ,SO WHAT HAPPENED TO GET 6-8" OF AIR IN MY LINE. SINCE YOU THINK I'M FULL OF BS THIS IS MY LAST POST I'LL MAKE ON THIS SITE.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I believe this topic was discussed before with quite a few people saying they had a bubble in their line and that the oil was still passing around it. Maybe the bubble in the line isn't all that bad. I don't think I have one in mine though.
Cat S.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by DARIN@Jan 20 2003, 04:29 PM
Rob its not bs because it happened to me. I posted it on american snowmobiler for gls and you can read his response.
I just looked at Amsnow and I saw your post but I didn't see any reply by GLS.

I still say that's total bs until GLS says otherwise. Every FC had an air bubble between the clutches when new. I got mine out in october..some guys are just seeing them now <_<

·
Registered
614 Posts
DARIN

Why quit posting here because sombody called BS on you claim. If that's all it takes for you to quit, you have pretty thin skin, my friend. If you need to make your point a bit louder, do so; don't just check out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
and I'm not saying there isn't a air bubble in his line.. I'm just saying that it is bs that is was caused by being "ridden hard in corners" :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
THIS HAPPENED TO ME AND I'M JUST TELLING YOU WHAT THE DEALER IN WEST YELLOWSTONE SAID. GLS BASICALLY SAID IT WASNT A PROBLEM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
and I'm saying the dealer is FOS, plain and simple.

I still don't see a reply by GLS.. You are "firekid" over there, right? Did you think that a reply from "glk800" was from GLS???? Tell me you didn't think that, please!?!?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't believe you thought that!
here is the whole thread copied from Amsnow:

GLS F7
firekid on 1/19/2003 2:11:00 PM

gls , I had half of the oil bottle with oil on my f7, was riding hard and stopped(had extra time to wait for my buddys)was looking at my oil line and there was 6-8" of no oil in the line starting at the oil tank and going down.I brought it to the dealer in west yellowstone where he bleeded the oil line . He told me its a bad design should be a recall. His explenation was when ridden hard in corners, the oil would go to the top of the spout on the oil tank , leaving air in the bottom of the oil tank. When the oil goes back to the other side of the tank it pushes air in the oil line tube causing a massive amount of air in the line.HE TOLD ME TO KEEP THE OIL LEVEL FULL, so now everywhere I stop I''m looking at my oil line.thanks  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

glk 800 on 1/20/2003 2:31:00 PM

firekid: We had 4 F'7 in our group at Yellowstone and all the sleds had a air bubble in the line by the second day of riding. We watched the bubble closely and none of them seem to move. Then on the last two days of riding they just were gone and have not appeared since. The oil flow was running through the bottom 10 percent of the tube, thus no burn down. I believe that after riding hard 125 miles per day they finally burped themselves from the system. I have 850 miles on my sled and no trouble. g.  [/b]

·
Registered
21 Posts
actually I glanced at it and for some reason I thought it was gls but after reading it here I see I made a mistake about gls.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by DARIN@Jan 20 2003, 05:44 PM
actually I glanced at it and for some reason I thought it was gls but after reading it here I see I made a mistake about gls.
Darin, (and others), I think mistakes like this are happening all over.. Someone says something, it gets repeated a few times, getting all messed up along the way..

I mean how can we take you seriously when you don't even know who replied to your post?

Guys, please take this as a lesson.. The sky isn't falling after all.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts