Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still see a 1/2" bubble in my oil line by the clutches. Oil is on the bottom part of the line, but the top part has the bubble. Should I worry about this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Nick@Jan 3 2003, 09:40 AM
I still see a 1/2" bubble in my oil line by the clutches. Oil is on the bottom part of the line, but the top part has the bubble. Should I worry about this?
I think most FCs had this. The oil seems to flow around the bubble. The thing that worried me was the first really cold morning when the oil is thcker.

Get the bubble out. You can do it by lifting the back and tilting the sled to the pto side about 30*. Then work the bubble back to the tank with your fingers.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Mine would get an air bubble as you describe right where the line is zip tied to the frame. I cut the zip tie and haven't seen another bubble. The line is not long enough on mine to hit anything anyway. Check it out.

·
Registered
152 Posts
This is what I did and it worked well, just looked funny.

From an earlier post:

OK you guys are going to think I'm F;;kn crazy but here goes. I have only ridden 65 miles and before the ride I noticed a bubble in the oil line between the Primary and secondary as described above. I called the dealer and he told me to ride it it would be fine. So off I went and he was right it was fine, I used about .5 quart of oil. Upon checking the oil line I noticed the bubble still there.

Well being who I am this was not right and had to be fixed. I read the above post on how to purge the oil line and that sounded like alot of work so, and here it comes, I lifted the rear of the sled about shoulder high and the bubble quickly traveled to the connector in the tank but would go no further. I lifted the sled higher and still it would not move. So if you look at your oil cap it has a vent hole in it. With the cap on tight and alittle suction from yours truly, I heard a little girgle and just like that no more bubble in the oil line.

PS, make sure you lock the garage door before sucking on your sled. :wub:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I will pull the center belly pan off and check everything underneath there, before next ride.
A good dealership setup should include bleeding the oil pump, checking for leaks, proper jet setup, track alignment & deflection, clutching, proper fluid levels, updates and so on.
My dealership setup was add a pre-mix (5 gal.) check what jets are in the sled, add APV 2 oil, burp the coolant system, spray some water on the snowmobile and call it good.
I have a MC 900 I spent a good part of the fall working on to get the fixes it needed that the dealership did'nt do and lookes like I'll be doing the same to the FireCat (and have so far)
A lot of sleds get bad mouthed and blame the parent company, while, yes there are lemons, most of the bad mouth are from dealer setup or lack of it.
It is best to take the time look every inch over - this is a new sled and with new sleds there are problems to work out - look at Ski-Doo last year on they're 800's I know I had one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts