Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed an air bubble in my oil line. Now that my cheeks are numb from blowing into the bottle, I was wondering if anyone knows a quick fix?

Will it be fine if i'm running pre-mix in my first tank of gas?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've got a small air pocket in line (about 1/4 wide, not all the way through hose... I'm just going with premix and not worrying about it. If it was larger I'd bleed it (an half inch or more, all the way through hose)

Cat Dealers have a service bulletin on bleeding procedures. Fill the oil tank, take off the belly skin, use bleed screw to bleed it out is the short version...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Bleed proceedure sounds easy enough if you have something to get the front end up high.
I use an engine lift. I can lift the nose to the ceiling. I already had belly pan off to check oil adjustment, came off easy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If your running a safe premix and assuming the bubble isn't unusually large, then why not go ahead and start the motor (keep the RPM's reasonable) and manually pull the oil pump arm into the max position till the bubble runs through? (a length of stiff wire or coat hanger with a hook bent into one end works great)

Just a suggestion.

Blackwolf

·
Registered
20 Posts
guys,
it is no big deal to have a air bubble in the line coming out near the jackshaft, this is normal~~~~! even confirmed it with my dealer, and just about every oil line has a air bubble in it~~!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts