Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here but some of these post sound like a bunch of kids on the playground allways bragging about something well it's time to grow up we all are here for one reason RIDING OUR SLEDS and with the lack of snow the last few seasons when you find some you should be man enough to tell all .Hell thats what this forum is all about right? So no more of this my wang is bigger than your wang ,my dad can beat up your dad , i get more than you , Lets all get along :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I'm new here but some of these post sound like a bunch of kids on the playground allways bragging about something well it's time to grow up we all are here for one reason RIDING OUR SLEDS and with the lack of snow the last few seasons when you find some you should be man enough to tell all .Hell thats what this forum is all about right? So no more of this my wang is bigger than your wang ,my dad can beat up your dad , i get more than you , Lets all get along :banghead: :banghead:[/b]
Yes I agree with you also. I've been thinking this all along. If you're riding on legal land then post up. But I have a feeling most of the kids are riding on land that they shouldnt even be on. Thats the problem with a lot of back country riding, its usually on private land. I say if you're going to post pictures then post where you are. To many of us have 10's of thousand's of dollars tied up in sleds that cant ride due to lack of snow yet you guys are posting pics of you riding some decent/marginal conditions. But honestly I think you're going to be disappointed with some of the riding once you get there. You're gonna smash off rocks, stumps, ride through open brooks and things along those lines before you actually get to a high enough elevation where theres decent snow. It hasnt been quite cold enough long enough to freeze up moving water. I pay for all my sleds and they're in mint condition so I take care of my stuff, if my mommy and daddy bought me my sleds then I probably wouldnt care as much to smash them off rocks and stumps and open water.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I pay for all my sleds and they're in mint condition so I take care of my stuff, if my mommy and daddy bought me my sleds then I probably wouldnt care as much to smash them off rocks and stumps and open water.[/b]
Isn't that kinda like my wang is bigger than..............................

We all do it. I think we are all getting frustrated with the weather. Lets go find Mother nature and give her a gang bang. :snowfall:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Yes I agree with you also. I've been thinking this all along. If you're riding on legal land then post up. But I have a feeling most of the kids are riding on land that they shouldnt even be on. Thats the problem with a lot of back country riding, its usually on private land. I say if you're going to post pictures then post where you are. To many of us have 10's of thousand's of dollars tied up in sleds that cant ride due to lack of snow yet you guys are posting pics of you riding some decent/marginal conditions. But honestly I think you're going to be disappointed with some of the riding once you get there. You're gonna smash off rocks, stumps, ride through open brooks and things along those lines before you actually get to a high enough elevation where theres decent snow. It hasnt been quite cold enough long enough to freeze up moving water. I pay for all my sleds and they're in mint condition so I take care of my stuff, if my mommy and daddy bought me my sleds then I probably wouldnt care as much to smash them off rocks and stumps and open water.[/b]

if your refuring to me in the "riding on elligal land" im not its 100% legal to ride on, but again im nottelln no one the spot, find it your self like we had to do :div20: :fluffy:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
MaineSledda: Nope im not boasting about my sleds, im stating that I prefer my stuff to be immaculate, its just the way I am and i'll wait till I can ride good conditions before I ruin my equipment thats all.

Ride207: Im not refering to anyone in particular, so dont put yourself on that high horse. Theres thousands on members on this forum, you're not the only one.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm new here but some of these post sound like a bunch of kids on the playground allways bragging about something well it's time to grow up we all are here for one reason RIDING OUR SLEDS and with the lack of snow the last few seasons when you find some you should be man enough to tell all .Hell thats what this forum is all about right? So no more of this my wang is bigger than your wang ,my dad can beat up your dad , i get more than you , Lets all get along[/b]
Its your choice to read the posts or not and after the first few I no longer bother to do so unless Im looking for some comedy which more than abundant.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
MaineSledda: Nope im not boasting about my sleds, im stating that I prefer my stuff to be immaculate, its just the way I am and i'll wait till I can ride good conditions before I ruin my equipment thats all.[/b]
Not refferring to you wanting your sleds imaculate. Me too. Just the part about who pays for em. I know what your saying though, got a couple of them myself (want mom and dad to pay for everthing than don't take care of it). Some people don't give a shit if they pound the piss outa their toys. Usually they are the ones that sell them and tell ya how they babied it. Wish the fuck it would snow. I'm depressed.......................

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Not refferring to you wanting your sleds imaculate. Me too. Just the part about who pays for em. I know what your saying though, got a couple of them myself (want mom and dad to pay for everthing than don't take care of it). Some people don't give a shit if they pound the piss outa their toys. Usually they are the ones that sell them and tell ya how they babied it. Wish the fuck it would snow. I'm depressed.......................[/b]

I hear what you're saying Mainesledda. It does get frustrating thats for sure. If I was a Maine local i'd be able to put on some miles. But when i've got to drive 6 hours to ride marginal conditions its just not worth it. Fuel and motel rooms are to expensive to beat my sled up and put on only 60 miles. I guess i've always been the kind of person that kept my stuff mint no matter who bought them. But some kids dont really care. I mean i'll ride my stuff and ruin hyfax and carbides but I dont want to smash rocks and stumps and risk causing serious damage. Normal wear items dont really bother me. Its just not worth it to me I guess.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
If I was a Maine local i'd be able to put on some miles. But when i've got to drive 6 hours to ride marginal conditions its just not worth it. Fuel and motel rooms are to expensive to beat my sled up and put on only 60 miles.[/b]
Hell I'm a local and i still have to drive 5 hrs for decent riding. Sliders and wera bars are normal wear and tear items. A-arms, slide rails and belly pans aren't. If I'm gonna drive 5 hrs and drop $500 for a weekend, I'm gonna do some serious miles (5-600). Lets Ride. :i_need_snow:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hell I'm a local and i still have to drive 5 hrs for decent riding. Sliders and wera bars are normal wear and tear items. A-arms, slide rails and belly pans aren't. If I'm gonna drive 5 hrs and drop $500 for a weekend, I'm gonna do some serious miles (5-600). Lets Ride. :i_need_snow:[/b]
Yep thats exactly what im thinkin. Sleddin isnt cheap anymore. You used to be able to trailer up one sled on a 2 place for 2 days and not think anything of it. Now you try and jam as many sleds on one truck as you can so you can split the cost more ways.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts