Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey if anyone has tried one of these kits that couple your rear suspension, i would love to hear how they work, if they made a difference or what. AD Bovoin makes them as well as another company i forget the name of... thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
well i can tell you my buddies experience with the a d bovin.we just returned from a 1850 mile trip.for the first 900 he had it in.after 900 it was out.he perfered the sled with it out. said when the kit was in the sled did not ride as well. ski lift on corners was less with it in, but without ski lift was not a major problem. for all around riding he will leave it out. its a 02 zl 800 esr.
by the way i took my coulping blocks out of my 03 zr 800 and won't be putting them back in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think that if you are satisfied with your current set-up, you shouldn't mess with it. If not, give one of the kits a try. I have two riding buddies who both ride '01 ZRT's. They both bought kits from Boivin last fall. One of them loves it, the other guy took the his out after about 500 miles. Both guys are about the same size & weight, and their sleds are both stock and set up the same. In summary, I guess that it is a totally subjective thing as to whether the coupling kits make things better or worse.

·
Registered
73 Posts
wfocatman,
I have a 2002 600efi/esr and did not like the ride that I had first year. The sled had way too much kick back and was not happy in the corners. This year I added the Arctic Cat Coupler kit and the sled now runs on rails with no kick back. I can run the stutters 10-15 miles faster than before. I set mine up with 1/4 inch on the limiter straps, 1 inch on the front ski's, light setting on the rear spring and lightest setting on the front skid shock. I run 170lbs and the machine is awesome.

My thoughts on the subject.
Good luck with your decision

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I have a ad bovin kit and it helps with the ski lift but i think the ac unit would be a better choise you have to move the rear arm back on the bovin unit and you loose some travel just my two cents hope it helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts