Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a aftermarket silencer. My sled is a 12 xf 800sp. But not a straight thru one, I don't want to lose performance....I want to shed some lbs from the heavy stock can. I'm thinking either the speedwerx or slp full size can. Anyone have any preference on either or, or another good one? Is it worth just a 14lb weight lose? Ideas and thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App

·
Public Relations Officer
Cat SX
15,779 Posts
Weight loss is always good. I'm a Bikeman fan myself. Used their ceramic "trail" can for a long time. Then switched to their "Powderlite". Powderlite was nice too...a bit more bark when you want it but easy on the flipper gets you through town easily. Prolly gonna be going Bikeman again on my new ride.

·
Premium Member
12,019 Posts
Don't get the slp can. It looses hp. Speedwerx was a gain in hp. There's two very good muffler comparisons on dynotech research.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weight loss is always good. I'm a Bikeman fan myself. Used their ceramic "trail" can for a long time. Then switched to their "Powderlite". Powderlite was nice too...a bit more bark when you want it but easy on the flipper gets you through town easily. Prolly gonna be going Bikeman again on my new ride.
I've heard bikeman has a loss of power and performance....??? You still have the trail can?
Can a person notice the weight difference?
Speedwerx the way to go?

·
Public Relations Officer
Cat SX
15,779 Posts
I've heard bikeman has a loss of power and performance....??? You still have the trail can?
Can a person notice the weight difference?
Speedwerx the way to go?

I'm pretty sure Bikeman has no power loss. Any of these cans IMO should not advertise any increase in HP. They are really only for weight loss and sound. And if anything will affect torque more than overall HP. And I think the weight can be felt at a good clip...how much, well, I dunno. Probably not enough to ID it as can weight. When I switched my can on my XRS I added the Pipe and ripped out all the E-start crap. That saved me right at 40lbs. And I guarantee you...I felt that. HUGE Front end weight loss.

Our HCS Bikeman expert, on Cats especially, is Tommcat. Send him a PM and he may be able to help.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
How'd you like the speedwerx ? Worth it?

Speedwerx was nice stock sound and lost 14lbs or something like that. Great customer service and always friendly. I should have just stayed with them. Those guys know their stuff. I have one of the 07 mod sleds and converted it pump gas. They gave me jetting specs. They were bang on. I haven't fouled a plug yet. :buttrock:

·
Registered
930 Posts
I had the speedwerx on my 12. Closest can to stock I've heard with no power loss or change in how sled ran. If looking to shed a good amount of weight and stay under the radar it's a good way to go. I'd look at putting reflective tape or insulated tape around the fabric main wire harness protector. I caught mine just in time from melting. Also make sure that protecto is positioned properly so that the piece of the muffler that hangs on the bulkhead can't rub through your wires.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I just put a bikeman full velocity can on my 2014 ZR 8000. There is another post about best can on here. Day I put it on I did 3 runs with stock can by my house. Hour later put can on and did 3 runs. My sled had only 286 miles at time of testing and I never hit more than 98 MPH stck on top end. After the can was installed, all 3 runs were 2 mph bettter than stock and with my wife on the back in Michigan we hit 102 with the bikeman can. It is not loud, sounds deeper and a tad mean at low and idle, a bit of sound over stock in mid, and barely noticable at WOT. It is 11 lbs lighter, and I can say no way is there a power loss. My stock can will now be used as an anchor for my pontoon boat.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info everyone! Thinking I'll grab a speedwerx can and y pipe.

Sent from my hacked Samsung S5. Eat it Apple!!

·
Premium Member
33,245 Posts
the BMP silencer sound great on these, I've sold/installed a few this year. quiet at idle and wont attract cops but sounds real good when you open it up.
no loss of power, definite weight loss and the quality is good and has definitely improved since the ownership change awhile back.
I haven't heard the evo silencer but I've been told that it is definitely loud.

·
Registered
731 Posts
if your on a 2 stroke and have not read dyno tech muffler test.... then your not doing yourself any justice .... go for the facts, read the dyno tech shootout and the only one that made significant power... and very good wast diamond S quiet can... yes pricey but 5hp and 20lbs lighter!!! the next best believe it or not was the simple restrictor in the inlet.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts