Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought/used an aftermarket brake handle that works good with the stock "hook" style bars? Specifically the lever that is bent at the end to try and resemble the hook of the bar. Would you recommend it?

Thanks,
catfish

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Someone on this site had bought the AC hooked brake lever and with some very slight modifications,made it work on the FIRECATS.I'm sure you'll hear from him with more details on the procedure!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Originally posted by catfish@Jan 8 2003, 01:11 PM
Has anyone bought/used an aftermarket brake handle that works good with the stock "hook" style bars? Specifically the lever that is bent at the end to try and resemble the hook of the bar. Would you recommend it?

Thanks,
catfish

Any lever made for a ZR will work if you do the following:

1. Drill the hole for the headlight switch on the stock lever thru to the other side.

2. Place the aftermarket lever upside down and lay the factory lever on top of it while
lining up the mounting hole and the lever profile.

3. With a pen, mark the hole for the headlight switch on the new lever.

4. On the end that goes into the mount, you will have to cut off the end and round it to match the
stock profile.

5. Use tape on the drill bit marked to the proper depth to drill into the new lever for the headlight
switch.
BE SURE TO DRILL on the underside of the aftermarket lever .

The profile on the end MUST match the factory lever somewhat to allow it to fit into the mount.

Sorry I don't have any pictures but it's really simple once you look at it.

I did this procedure since I already had a CAT aluminum lever and I wanted to install it on my F5 SP.

The lever is straight and it works great but I think a slightly hooked lever would work better when
you're letting it hang all out! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts