Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, i need some advice on the standard suspension f7 which i am about to buy. my riding consists mostly of packed groomed trails in quebec. with a bag on the back we average 200 to 300 miles a day. my buddy said to me today why don't you buy a zl800 instead. it would be more comfortable. i need some advice from the riders out there with some miles under their belts.or an opinion would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by mark white@Jan 13 2003, 07:06 PM
guys, i need some advice on the standard suspension f7 which i am about to buy. my riding consists mostly of packed groomed trails in quebec. with a bag on the back we average 200 to 300 miles a day. my buddy said to me today why don't you buy a zl800 instead. it would be more comfortable. i need some advice from the riders out there with some miles under their belts.or an opinion would be appreciated. thanks.
Mark, I've got 2288 miles on my F7 and two trips to Quebec. I do a lot of touring in Canada, and I faced the same question. I decided on the F7 because I was tired of my Polaris XCs.. I wanted a sled that required more driver input, not less. I can certainly understand where someone would think a ZL is better for Quebec, but it is still up to the individual to decide. It's up to you, and what you want out of the sled. I'm very satisfied with my decision, and I'm really enjoying my F7 on long trips. The Firecat handles great on groomed trails, and with the bags I have plenty of space. Check out the homepage under "2003 trips" to see some pictures of my F7 in Quebec.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I got to ride a zl 800 efi ss last sunday and it is a very nice
sled. I have a 02 zl 600 efi esr it is a good sled also.
But I love my f7 it is by far the most fun ride.

·
Registered
65 Posts
As you can see I ride an F7. Last weekend I put a few miles on a 02 ZL8 with SS. Nice sled but no comparison to the F7. F7 performs way better and ergos are more comfortable. I noticed the additional weight of the Zl right away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts