Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be buying a new REV shortly but am having a hard time finding a Adrenaline. There are a few Renegades out there but I dont know if I need the longer track for anything. Most of my riding is trail in MI. Just curious what the Renegade track actually offers.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
It offers a little smoother ride since the track bridges the bumps better by riding over them instead of going into them. And if you get the urge to blast through the deeper snow you have the floatation and traction to do it. I love my Gade and can say that I will never go back to a short track after riding this, it is so smooth it is like riding a cadilac.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Getting rid of the push problem took me a while but now that I fixed that it rides like a dream and corners good also

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I put 9 inch carbides on the ski's both inside and outside, a little tricky crossing highways but other than that it corners on a dime now, also raised my limiter strap up one hole from stock, that alone helped a ton but not enough, and I have 2 studs in every bar for a little control on ice and for climbing off the river on the frozen banks and to keep the rear end from sliding out on slippery corners

·
Registered
76 Posts
MX Z Renegade $8,549.00

MX Z Renegade X $9,299.00

*Price with base engine option

Platform REV

Engines 800 H.O. PowerTEK
2-TEC 600 H.O. SDI

Colors Yellow / Black
Black / Black

Front Suspension R.A.S.

Front Shocks HPG

Rear Shocks HPG

Rear Suspension SC-4

Standard Features Electronic speed/tach
New Pilot 5.7 skis
New SC-4 rear suspension
Power TEK (800 H.0.)
New brake lever
New lower ride height
RER - Electronic reverse
1.25" track
Mountain grab strap
Mountain rack
1+1 capable seat

Base Price Package
MX Z Renegade 2-TEC 600 H.O. SDI
$8,549.00

TOTAL:
$8,549.00

Free Second Year Engine Warranty
OR
$350 of Racing Gear and Accessories
OR
0$ Money Down, Payments, Interest until march 2006

:dunno:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I had two buddies who went to Gades last winter off of X Revs and both are back on Revs this yr. One of them only rode it once and sold it for $4000 with 600 miles, yes $4k.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
A lot of guys love the gade's, haven't heard many complaints on them.

If you ride off trail quite a bit, or deeper snow conditions you may want to look into the gade..

·
Registered
20,650 Posts
unless you are going are gonna do a lot of back woods west up riding there is no point in gettng gade to ride MI in IMO. I can go any where just fine with a short track up here and we get some deep snow too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 800 Adrenaline and ride in the U.P. I have no problems with it, although I have thought about a 1.25" track. I don't think that you really need a Gade around here if your sticking to the trails mainly, save yourself some money.

·
Registered
71 Posts
600 SDI X Gade would be my favorite sled.
Gade is little harder to steer, but workable.
Second would be a 121" with 1.25" track.
Get the 1.25" track for sure, either way and stud to stop on the icy Michigan trails!

Both great in Michigan.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Originally posted by Superfly3@Sep 27 2005, 07:52 AM
I have a 800 Adrenaline and ride in the U.P. I have no problems with it, although I have thought about a 1.25" track. I don't think that you really need a Gade around here if your sticking to the trails mainly, save yourself some money.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=895073
[/quote]
The 'gade is $100 more than the comparable 121" Adrenaline model. You can't get a 1.25" track for $100 so you would have saved $$ by getting a 'gade.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I ride my gade on groom trails and it's a blast to ride. Great for the bumps, nice and smooth. It's my first 136 skid and I love it. At times I ride pretty agressively through the trails, and twistys and switchbacks don't seem to be a problem. As far as the pushing, it took me about an hour or so of making suspension changes to cure it. Even with the stock carbide, the push was minimal. I will never go back to a 121 skid!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Also, the hookup from being a LT, and usually having a slightly longer lugs, makes it awesome for racing your buddies. :div20:

My new sled this year is a 02 Renegade with 1.25" lugs. Should be worlds ahead of my current .725" short track.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Its a personal preferance thing and where you ride that makes the decision... but they don't bridge the bumps like many say, one of those wives tales...

speed bridges bumps and in the tight twisty trails the 121" track beats the gade hands down, of course if you foray off trail than the extra length and width is welcomed...

but don't let anyone tell you a gade is as an nimble as the short track rev... (the gade is 16" wide too isn't it?, the one I rode was)

having said all the above, the 121" rev is the only sled that can out handle the gade... the gade beats the fusion (05 anyway) and the F7-

1 - 20 of 20 Posts