Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we had this covered way back in december but do we want to toe in or toe out the sled. I know how to adjust it but i dont know the correct way measure it. Useing the ski saddle do you want the back closer than the front of the ski saddle or farther apart. Sorry for the old question but im going to Larmie Wy next week for my first ride on the F-7 and want to make sure its set-up right. Thanks Cat Fever

·
Registered
861 Posts
shoot for 1/8 toe out on the front. you can adjust either side to get the toe out condition.

Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Cat Fever@Jan 23 2003, 09:38 AM
I know we had this covered way back in december but do we want to toe in or toe out the sled. I know how to adjust it but i dont know the correct way measure it. Useing the ski saddle do you want the back closer than the front of the ski saddle or farther apart. Sorry for the old question but im going to Larmie Wy next week for my first ride on the F-7 and want to make sure its set-up right. Thanks Cat Fever
you'll get lots of different opinions on how to set the ski toe.. But the most important thing is to do it. Firecat likes strong toe-out. Toe-in will make it unstable. Toe-out means the measurement IN FRONT OF the spindle is larger than the measurement IN BACK OF the spindle. If you use the saddle, 1/4" toe-out is plenty. You can also measure from the ft and rear of the carbide itself, in that case use 3/8" as the desired amount of toe-out. The idea here is that you are setting the skis at a slight angle as in: \ / and the further your measuring point is from the spindle, the greater the difference will be.

I've experimented quite a bit with this, and there isn't much downside to erring on the high side for toe-out other than faster carbide wear.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rob i appreciate the feed back. Cant wait to actually ride the damn thing I have been sitting on it and pretending since Nov.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts