Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am reading my Firecat manual to set my suspension up for my weight and it says to adjust the Left side cam to 1 and the Right side cam to 3. I weigh 200 lbs. My question is why are these not adjusted to the same position? Will this cause me any track alignment or handling problems with one side tighter than the other?
Bulldog

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
It just gives more options for a person to make adjustments and it will not cuase alignment problems. Mine are both on the middle position with the snopro package and I have yet to bottom out (weight for me is 250).

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mike,

Any trouble with the welds on the cross tube where the adjuster blocks are?? I'm still nervous about this item as I am 210 and ride pretty hard. I may have them re welded to put my mind at ease.
Thanks for the input!

Steve B)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
shaameful,
my dealer is going to re-weld my cross bar in house, better safe than sorry,
no time to wait for cats shitty fix, would hate to have spring go through track at 100mph

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by Shameful1@Dec 18 2002, 11:27 AM
Mike,

Any trouble with the welds on the cross tube where the adjuster blocks are?? I'm still nervous about this item as I am 210 and ride pretty hard. I may have them re welded to put my mind at ease.
Thanks for the input!

Steve B)
My welds look good to me. I weigh 160 lbs., so I think I may be safe, but definately something to keep an eye on!

·
Registered
743 Posts
I was talking to my Dealer about the welds when my sled was in for studs, and he sold 300 Firecats and only one came back with a broken weld so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts