I just did it Friday night with good ol' Fireman. It's not too difficult, but it was handy to have two sets of hands. My cables were about 2 mm off (they were both at 35mm), and I was at ~1150 miles on the ODO.
Here's what I did:
1. Take off the exhaust pipe
2. Loosen the servo motor cover and remove
3. Turn the servo motor so I could remove the cables
4. To remove the cables you have to pull the clip holding them into the motor mount
6. Loosen the jam nut and adjust with the screw
Probably about a half-hour job.
Next up is the cleaning of the exhaust valves. They were kind of sticky, and definitely need to be cleaned up.
A forum community dedicated to snowmobile owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, trails, riding tips, modifications, classifieds, accessories, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!