Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 500/700cc,to access the oil pump tip the snowmobile onto its left side-then using a torx bit,remove the screws securing the center belly pan(skid plate)to the front end.

1.With the ignition switch key in the off position,move the throttle lever to the full-open position
2.Check the alignment of the mark on the pump housing and the mark on the control arm.If the marks align,the pump is synchronized with the carbs.

There is a picture that shows the control arm-there is a idle mark-a full open mark and a mark on the pump boss,its called the pump boss alignment mark.

1.To adjust
2.Loosen the jam nuts securing the cable/control rod adjuster
3.Move the throttle lever to the full open position
4.Rotate the jam nuts/control rod in the proper direction until the marks align.
5.Lock the jam nuts

From personal experience your idle marks should line up,and then your pump arm shouldnt start to move until about 1/4 inch of throttle(clutch engagement)and then of course line up at full throttle-im sure everyone has an opinion on this,but has worked great for me on my zrs and my dealer adjusted on my f5 when getting updates done.Remember just a little off can make a big difference,if your not famaliar have your dealer do it and double check it yourself-scott-you should be able to feel a little freeplay when first moving throttle,then when oil pump lever starts to move you will feel it in throttle lever,gets a little stiffer.

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,042 Posts
Originally posted by bee1971@Jan 2 2003, 07:01 PM
From personal experience your idle marks should line up,and then your pump arm shouldnt start to move until about 1/4 inch of throttle(clutch engagement).
This is only on cable operated sleds, on the past zr 600's and the F7 you cannot do this because there is a linkage attaching the throttle boddies to the oil pump....

·
Registered
614 Posts
Well, that sucks now that I have rivetted my Holeshot skidplate on. Sure hope mine is not out of whack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts