Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering how to adjust the apv valves on my ZR900,i was told they always need to be adjusted.Has anyone else had to do this yet??

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I can't agree that they always need adjustment but perhaps frequent cleaning.
Once set they shouldn't change however they may not be set perfectly from the factory. If your oil pump is set rich, as some are from the factory or your use poor quality, non-powervalve freindly oil you may need to pull the valves for cleaning more frequently. A well set up sled using synthetic oil will not have valve sticking problems. I pulled mine for the first time this past summer. Only 680 miles on them but they were as clean as new. I have my oil pump set at 70/1 ratio and ran Klotz Techniplate oil for most of last season, only switching to Amsoil 2000 for the last tank when the Klotz supply dried up. I'll run Blue Marble this winter and judging by the positive feedback from other users I expect no negative APV issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
thank you for asking this same question i think the way thesse valves are set up really make the big difference on perfomance. i know this
this is ture because i've heard of it but people won;t advise me yet.
but i will find out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts