Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
'20 ZR8000 Ltd
3,366 Posts
Same situation here. 1500 miles on these. What causes this? It seems likes they are softer than the cat weights. I am guessing that is worn spot is about about 6-7 rpm cruising range.
Mine are worn in the same spot, above 2nd hole from the tip. Little harder to see on mine, otherwise mine look new still.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have a 129. My 14 was definitely dialed in better than this 18 so far. I haven't spent much time yet. I'm starting to wonder if the low finish rate of the primary spring is more sensitive than a higher rate with heavier weights. Correct me if I'm wrong but did you suggest back sometime ago that you were working on a secondary fix. If so how did you make out.
Still working on it. I was running the torsional which i liked but reverse kind if sucked. Experimenting with compression again. Doing my own work on some delrins that clean up the bind
So the reverse is still an issue with torsional secondary? I was told it was not but makes sense if it still is.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Your pin bushings are also gone! My guess is your clutch is shot, moveable sheave bearing and buttons will be sloppy.
The buttons have some wear, nothing i wouldn't run. The pin bushings on these don't seem like the same material as the cat weights, they are actually egged out all the way across but not just on the drive side if that makes any sense. The old style clutches would wear at angle with the narrow heel.
The weights themselves are buttery soft material the way they almost rolled the material over the edge. Seems they smeared material on the face of the rollers also.

HEAT, wow,with that low of miles? Is it shifting all the way out?
1500 ish miles. It is in turbo sled so it sees a little more abuse than average maybe, these are the weights that came with the kit.
It would shift out if you hit the hill with speed but if fell in the "notch" it couldn't pull itself back out.
Put in some magna force in there now. Considerable difference in the quality.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts