Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than Dalton what are other options? Need some with a 74 gram base. Looks like slp doesn't comes 74.4 fully loaded, need 76-77 grams. For an 18 style clutch.

With the SSI magnet type, do you need to take off the face plate to add/remove?

thanks

·
Registered
663 Posts
ssi are good, have had no issues in 7000 klm. you do not have to remove cover to add or subtract mags. just take belt off and pry open clutch and hold open.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
You could look into the style that fett Bros sells, I think it's similar to Dalton, I can remember the exact brand but it's can look later

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Really happy with the new D&D adjustables.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I bought a used set of D&D Magna Force weights 3 holes and they seem to work good in my 2020 ZR 800. It would be nice to have 4 holes to have more options for fine tuning.

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
I bought a used set of D&D Magna Force weights 3 holes and they seem to work good in my 2020 ZR 800. It would be nice to have 4 holes to have more options for fine tuning.
New ones are 4 hole

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have experience with Bikeman and D&D magnaforce. Both are good. D&D has a little more weight machined in the tip so they require less weight than the Bikeman. I had trouble with wearing flat spots into the Bikeman so went D&D this year and love them Maybe I got a bad set of Bikeman weights????

I prefer the magnet style weights vs the set screw weights. You get a lot more flexibility on where the weight is placed with the magnets..

·
Premium Member
20,009 Posts
I must have missed the three hole Magnaforce. I've been running them for 10-11 years and I've only had 4 holers.

·
Registered
'20 ZR8000 Ltd
3,366 Posts
I have experience with Bikeman and D&D magnaforce. Both are good. D&D has a little more weight machined in the tip so they require less weight than the Bikeman. I had trouble with wearing flat spots into the Bikeman so went D&D this year and love them Maybe I got a bad set of Bikeman weights????

I prefer the magnet style weights vs the set screw weights. You get a lot more flexibility on where the weight is placed with the magnets..
I've got a set of bike man weights with about 2k miles on them, all 3 have flat spots .

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
36,442 Posts
I've been using Thunder Products Heavy Hitters.. you purchase a base weight and adjust from there, you can do tenths of a gram along the bottom of the weight profile, 100's of weight combinations can be achieved.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Im running mds weights currently in my 17. I have daltons, and d&d to try. Just took my 18 out tonight stock weights 35* outside and was hitting 100 in about 800-1000ft sled was hauling ass. Did some adjustments in secondary. Still need to make a few more as i had belt slip up top. Need a little more spring. Lost rpm due to lack of spring as well. About 7950 is all i would see

·
Registered
481 Posts
Im running mds weights currently in my 17. I have daltons, and d&d to try. Just took my 18 out tonight stock weights 35* outside and was hitting 100 in about 800-1000ft sled was hauling ass. Did some adjustments in secondary. Still need to make a few more as i had belt slip up top. Need a little more spring. Lost rpm due to lack of spring as well. About 7950 is all i would see
What secondly adjustments are you referring. I seem to hit a wall at about 90. It will run 98 gps on the hard pack but I have to dig deeper into this thing. Still flames with the precision tune as well.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
What secondly adjustments are you referring. I seem to hit a wall at about 90. It will run 98 gps on the hard pack but I have to dig deeper into this thing. Still flames with the precision tune as well.

I just changed helix and modified my spring. There is bind going on. If you have a 137 its going to be harder to hit over 100 regardless.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have a 129. My 14 was definitely dialed in better than this 18 so far. I haven't spent much time yet. I'm starting to wonder if the low finish rate of the primary spring is more sensitive than a higher rate with heavier weights. Correct me if I'm wrong but did you suggest back sometime ago that you were working on a secondary fix. If so how did you make out.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I have a 129. My 14 was definitely dialed in better than this 18 so far. I haven't spent much time yet. I'm starting to wonder if the low finish rate of the primary spring is more sensitive than a higher rate with heavier weights. Correct me if I'm wrong but did you suggest back sometime ago that you were working on a secondary fix. If so how did you make out.
Still working on it. I was running the torsional which i liked but reverse kind if sucked. Experimenting with compression again. Doing my own work on some delrins that clean up the bind

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've got a set of bike man weights with about 2k miles on them, all 3 have flat spots .

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Same situation here. 1500 miles on these. What causes this? It seems likes they are softer than the cat weights. I am guessing that is worn spot is about about 6-7 rpm cruising range.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts