Hardcore Sledder banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 650 Adventure, 22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Shout out to @northstarrick , thank you for the NSP care package! Very much appreciated. This will be a nice addition to the build. The greaseable driveshaft bearing plate is very nice! Excited to try your helix as well. Thanks again!

Font Gas Automotive wheel system Electronic device Auto part

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
That’s awesome! Certainly says a lot about Rick as a business owner, it’s not all about profit!
Yes, I'm definitely not looking for handouts. It was a very generous offer.

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Got the front and rear Backwoods BMP bumpers installed. These bumpers are legit! Very nicely built, fit and finish is excellent. They look really good with the black sled.
Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design

·
Vendor
11,171 Posts
Shout out to @northstarrick , thank you for the NSP care package! Very much appreciated. This will be a nice addition to the build. The greaseable driveshaft bearing plate is very nice! Excited to try your helix as well. Thanks again!

View attachment 2133973
you are very welcome. it's not about money. it's about the sledding community coming together in time of need. this was the least we could

View attachment 2133973

View attachment 2133973
your entirely welcome. the least we could do. it's time's like these where we all have to come together to help one another. prayers for "ADDY"

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Cheapest mod on the sled. $1.99 sway bar quick disconnect using a 5/16" hitch pin. Remove stock bolt and replace with the pin. Done. Added some heat shrink so it doesn't rattle. Flips up and stows out of the way while disconnected.
Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle Automotive design

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle part

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Also added one ski Doo tunnel mount scratcher to the rear. I had both on my last sled and honestly I never needed to run both. These throw so much snow and ice up it was never an issue. My kids 600 switchback needs a scratcher so he'll be getting the other one.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Cheapest mod on the sled. $1.99 sway bar quick disconnect using a 5/16" hitch pin. Remove stock bolt and replace with the pin. Done. Added some heat shrink so it doesn't rattle. Flips up and stows out of the way while disconnected. View attachment 2134036
View attachment 2134035
Did this on my last few sleds. Never used once. I find it easy to tip over in powder if I want to carve without disconnecting it

Sent from my SM-S906W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Did this on my last few sleds. Never used once. I find it easy to tip over in powder if I want to carve without disconnecting it

Sent from my SM-S906W using Tapatalk
Probably where I got the idea. I've rode out west without a sway bar. Figured I'd give it a try here. I have offset spindles coming also. Not an RMK by any means, but looking to be able to play and trail ride.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
7,049 Posts
1fastPolaris:

Pretty clean installation of the Ski-Doo tunnel mount scratcher on the upper rear suspension mounting bracket of the SBA 146.

Is that scratcher okay if you reverse the sled, while it is dropped down?

What is the BRP part number on that scratcher you used on your SBA, they have several tunnel mounted scratchers?

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
1fastPolaris:

Pretty clean installation of the Ski-Doo tunnel mount scratcher on the upper rear suspension mounting bracket of the SBA 146.

Is that scratcher okay if you reverse the sled, while it is dropped down?

What is the BRP part number on that scratcher you used on your SBA, they have several tunnel mounted scratchers?
Yes, these are reverse friendly. That's what the extra pigtail is for. Practically a direct swap on the Assault. BRP part #860201516
The hook for stowing the scratcher needs a little tweaking to mount nicely, but other than that it's a simple install. I kept these from my Axys Assault.

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
My solution for the pipe hitting the bumper. Used a piece of radiator hose wrapped over the pipe support. Drilled a small hole through the chassis and bolted hose in place. The BMP bumper is a little closer to the pipe than the stock bumper. Plenty of clearance now.
Land vehicle Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Bicycle part

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
363 Posts

View attachment 2133973
Classy move on Rick's part. I was in the market for a clutch kit and this jesture sealed the deal for me. I put my order in with Rick on Monday.

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
For all the can haters. Before you bash me, I still have the stock muffler! This sled will be traveling to some shows/ swaps and radar runs, and possibly out west. So yes I have a SLP trail exhaust. They definitely look good and aren't loud at all unless you hammer on it. Lots of room in there also without e start and the stock muffler.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
7,049 Posts
IMO the trail 2 stroke silencers from SLP, have the best reputation for sound control at stock levels.

The above pictures, illustrate another of the advantages that most all aftermarket silencers have:

Very good access to the chain tension adjusting bolt and nut.

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
i was originally going to get the trail one too but i wasnt paying an extra $100 for it. I tried the competition one last year for a weekend and surprisingly didn't think it was that loud at all for cruising around etc. Even full throttle i didnt think it was much louder then the GGB Trail can i had on last 2 sleds

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
A guy in my group has one on his 800 Axys Rush. It's very normal sounding unless WFO. It's like I've said before if you can control your right thumb while in towns and such it's not an issue. Unfortunately some sledders have a hard time with that. I can promise you this, if a trail is closed in an area I ride it would not be because of my doing. I'm on the board in my club in Illinois and also a member in a club in northern Wisconsin. I've recently started teaching snowmobile safety classes also.

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Added a link in first post to a Venmo account for Addy. Some of you asked about donating to help with medical expenses and such. Thank you in advance to anyone who chooses to donate. It's not easy to ask for help, so just know we appreciate it. I'll post the link here as well. Also, stay tuned for pictures of the wrap! It looks amazing!

Hope for Addy

41 - 60 of 79 Posts