Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
That's exactly what I have planned! How did you know! I already have the braille printed on the wrap. Now I have to figure out how to put something underneath the vinyl that will stick up when covered. And it can't look like crap.

The part of the wrap with the braille will be in the fuel tank under the seat. Open to suggestions if you guys have anything in mind.
That is cool you already had this idea underway!

You mentioned you have ArcticFx on board already. Jordan is an awesome dude and I'm sure he will help with ideas on how to make this work for you. Maybe they could supply sample wrap material for testing different 'braille materials' underneath to make it readable by Addy.

·
Premium Member
23 650 Adventure, 22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Tj
First and foremost after reading this post you are a awesome individual and a even better father. I couldn’t imagine being in your shoes and maintaining the composure that you do that is something very special my friend.
Here I am a big tough guy but when I read your post I have to admit I was tearing up and I am now while typing.
If there is a foundation or a cause for Addy’s disease please post the information I will gladly make a contribution.
God bless you , Addy and your family.
‘Gary.
Thank you sir. It puts a lot of things into perspective. For now things are good and I'm not going to sit around and feel sad. The more active my daughter stays the better for her muscles and everything. I am working on setting up something for Addy. I will definitely post up the info. I appreciate all the generosity from everyone on here. Most of you guys I don't even know, but that's what I love about snowmobile folks! Im not the one to reach out or ask for help with much, so I'm glad this has been well received.

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That is cool you already had this idea underway!

You mentioned you have ArcticFx on board already. Jordan is an awesome dude and I'm sure he will help with ideas on how to make this work for you. Maybe they could supply sample wrap material for testing different 'braille materials' underneath to make it readable by Addy.
Yes I talked to them while designing the wrap. They have never done something like it so it will be a first! I have a bunch of the wrap material to practice with. I'll come up with something. Im pretty crafty after a couple cold ones in the garage!

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
nice. curious how good the decal cuts are for the matryx sleds are. axys ones were ok. could fit better
They are pretty darn good. I'm not the most experienced at wrap installation, so once you find the correct edge to line up first the lines follow quite well IMO. I've done a full wrap on a pro ride, and this one seems better.

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
One of the first items I installed was this gauge power up kit from CV Customs No electric start on this sled so I wanted a way to not have the display power down when shutting the sled off. This is a very nice kit. The whole thing weighs 1.5 pounds including the battery and installation took about 30 minutes. Plug and play, easy install.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Automotive design Auto part

Sunglasses Luggage and bags Eyewear Bag Font

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Got a few reliability items in under the hood. First is a cobra cord recoil rope. I'm sure most are familiar with these already. I wasn't taken any chances with the stock rope being I opted out of the electric start on this 850. Also, the recoil assembly was super easy to remove once the muffler was off. Came right out.

Other item was a roller chain tensioner in the chaincase. Less friction and no vespal material in the chaincase oil are the main reasons. More noisy, but nothing more than the old sleds we used to ride. Axys R tensioner is a direct swap with the stock vespal one.
Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Crankset Bicycle part Automotive design

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Cool. I never found my rollor noisy.

Sent from my SM-S906W using Tapatalk
Yeah not really me either, but I remember the old Indy's you could tell. Now if I just had a drain plug!

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Yeah not really me either, but I remember the old Indy's you could tell. Now if I just had a drain plug!
Suck it out. Easy

Sent from my SM-S906W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Put a little bling on the rear skid with some Slydog bogie wheels. They had a nice sale last spring when I ordered my sled. Only complaint is they had a little run out. So I took them to work and trued them up on the lathe. They definitely look good, hope they work good.

Wheel Tire Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive tire

Wheel Crankset Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle part
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Tread

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
More rear skid upgrades. Replaced the RTS with a 2.0 Velocity with hi/low from an XCR. I used this shock on my 20 Assault and it was a nice upgrade. Shock is the same length except the body is wider. You need to add spacers to move the shock rid out to clear the shock. I made .25" thick aluminum spacers and used a longer stainless steel bolt. Gave the shock an oil change and recharge also.
Tool Cylinder Gas Auto part Machine
Product Laser pointer Office supplies Pen Office instrument

Electronic cigarette Gas Cylinder Tool Electric blue

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Motor vehicle

Crankset Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Crankset Bicycle tire

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
7,049 Posts
Very well done pictures of the SBA suspension and RTS shock.

The stock SBA (and VR1) RTS shock is a pretty unusual shock, it is a Walker Evans Velocity 1.75" body, Piggyback needle, with adjustable compression. Changing it over to a Velocity 2" body Hi-Low compression adjustable, should be helpful for fast riding two-up.

I rode triple with my daughters on a stretched XLT Special with an M10. I wanted them to ride comfortably, and they did. We Look forward to seeing you both at Wide Open Wisconsin in West Bend Sept. 23-25, 2022

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Very well done pictures of the SBA suspension and RTS shock.

The stock SBA (and VR1) RTS shock is a pretty unusual shock, it is a Walker Evans Velocity 1.75" body, Piggyback needle, with adjustable compression. Changing it over to a Velocity 2" body Hi-Low compression adjustable, should be helpful for fast riding two-up.

I rode triple with my daughters on a stretched XLT Special with an M10. I wanted them to ride comfortably, and they did. We Look forward to seeing you both at Wide Open Wisconsin in West Bend Sept. 23-25, 2022
I'll be riding this Assault solo most of the time. When Addy goes with we will definitely be riding in comfort.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts