Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall someone was asking about a rear heat exchanger for a ZR. It's definately needed for a modded 800 or 900 running in low snow conditions. I contacted a member of this forum (fast eddie) and he fabricated this for me...

[attachment=407420:cooler.jpg]

Easy install, adds over a quart additional capacity, and lowers temps considerably. Haven't seen over 150 degrees even after miles down a trail that was plowed to dirt by loggers. Rarely see over 130 degrees. $180 to my door with great service. He can be pm'ed here as fast eddie or e-mailed at [email protected]. Highly recommended! :ylsuper:

·
Banned
8,664 Posts
looks like a good idea to me!
both my triple cylinder sleds had a rear exchanger, and i looked under my 900 and only see a u-turn back there. the heat dissipation must come from those aluminum runners that it runs in to the back.
mine isn't modded, but i still think it would be a good idea. does it seem pretty solid, where any stray debris that gets kicked up won't puncture it?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks like a good idea to me!
both my triple cylinder sleds had a rear exchanger, and i looked under my 900 and only see a u-turn back there. the heat dissipation must come from those aluminum runners that it runs in to the back.
mine isn't modded, but i still think it would be a good idea. does it seem pretty solid, where any stray debris that gets kicked up won't puncture it?[/b]
Seems very solid, well made, and out offairly heavy aluminum. He fabs aluminum for a living and also makes larger gas tanks for trail converting SnoPro's. He definately knows what he's doing.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just check that was on the older NON ETT tunnels for the triples[/b]
The problem is the '96 ZRT 800(non ETT) had a rear exchanger but was piped with hoses running under the seat and attaching to the exchanger in the right rear corner through holes in the top of the tunnel. Wouldn't be easy to pipe and would look like crap, at least in my application.

·
Banned
8,664 Posts
pretty sure my 98 tcat mountain cat had the rear exchanger and that was ett, with the hoses running under the seat.

not that i would try to use one of those, it wouldn't fit well at all i wouldn't think, and for $180, this thing from fast eddie looks like the way to go... i'll have to think about this

:bounce:

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
for sleds like my zr 800 02 I have a front heat exchanger that is placed inbetween the heat exhcangers that were stock plumbing done under the seat.

you remove seat and cut hole in tunnel and the heat exhanger fits like it was meant to be there.

I will get pics and post them when I go back out to jobies house I am keeping the 02 there till my divorce is final

·
Registered
838 Posts
Last fall someone was asking about a rear heat exchanger for a ZR. It's definately needed for a modded 800 or 900 running in low snow conditions. I contacted a member of this forum (fast eddie) and he fabricated this for me...

[attachment=407420:cooler.jpg]

Easy install, adds over a quart additional capacity, and lowers temps considerably. Haven't seen over 150 degrees even after miles down a trail that was plowed to dirt by loggers. Rarely see over 130 degrees. $180 to my door with great service. He can be pm'ed here as fast eddie or e-mailed at [email protected]. Highly recommended! :ylsuper:[/b]

I bought one of those from fast eddie last fall. I was probably the guy that you remember asking about it. I have only had my sled out once but that heat exchanger is made very well and not too tough to install. Plus fast eddie is a great guy to deal with!! I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a little extra cooling. :biggrin:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Do we have a phone # for FastEddie? I have an '03 ZR and a t660 turbo ST that runs very hot and this look's like the answer. I could push a few more to the boy's also.
CHRIS.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Do we have a phone # for FastEddie? I have an '03 ZR and a t660 turbo ST that runs very hot and this look's like the answer. I could push a few more to the boy's also.
CHRIS.[/b]

His name on here is fast eddie if want to PM him. His phone number is 847-420-6488.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If fasteddie wanted to be busy all winter, I think he found a way!
I'd be interested in two of those.
1 for my 800 twin and one for my sons' ZRT!

Ride Safe!

Kim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts