Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just got a Speedwerx Billet Air Intake and black Running Board Edge Grip Plates, Cross Country Style, from Dan at the Outdoor Shop for my F7. I am going to be putting them both on tomrrow. I already have the flat, running board grips on the sled.

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips to installing either of these. They both seem pretty straight forward, but I figured since I have the resources, I might as well ask.

Dan already told me to use a little silicone caulk on the intake, just for good measure.

Thanks.

Mike
:)

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
they are both pretty easy the intake will be almost the exact same size as the hole in the intake box just line that part up even and instead of mounting the screws at 3 6 9 12 put them at 130 430 730 1030 it just seems a little easier that way. The edge grips can be a pain...the part that is closest to the front needs to slide between the edge rail and the bellypan, thats the hardest part. Use a small pry bar to give yourself some extra room as you push them in...dont pust from the end they like to bend. I like to do 1 rivet at a time start by drilling the front hole and mounting the rivet right after will make your install a lot easier drill a couple holes then put some rivets in all the while pushing the edge tight towars the center of the sled seems like common sense but I have seen some sloppy ones

·
Registered
831 Posts
on the running board grips, I used a visegrip clamp to hold it in place while i drlled holes, actually move the clamp from hole to hole. also use a rubber hammer to bang the grip in tight to the board.i had good luck with this method. Snowhunter

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips guys. I will let you know how it goes later today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got both installed they look great. Can't wait to see if there is any improved performance from the intake. The only mod I have left are my reeds, but I am going to hold off for a while on those. Getting my reverse kit put it this Saturday too.

Thanks for all the tips.

;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts