Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
I just got done putting PERC on my wifes 2003 600 Edge X. overall it was not real hard. I bought the Polaris kit from a dealer in st. cloud, MN. price was fair I thought, $425. Just make sure of the kit number you need.

Items you get in the kit.
wire harness, cdi, oil pump, driven clutch, hi/low switch block, wire ties, tach. I think I remembered it all.

Biggest pain was getting all the wires back in the same place and connected back up. Took me about three nights of casual work. Instructions were fairly good.
The kit I got did not have a TEAM clutch, it is a Polaris one. I guess if you want a TEAM clutch you need to order the RMK kit, but I am not sure of that. RMK kit was $509.

The wife was real excited to see the drive clutch flip the other way. She had reverse on a prior sled and really missed it. I now have it on ny Switchback and am looking forward to using it. My Cat buddy is envious of the PERC.

Just my experience
Mike

·
Registered
823 Posts
if its 03 i think you can do either perc or mechanical. But if its 02, it would be a mechanical kit only.

The mechanical has a new bottom gear in the chaincase, a new chaincase cover with a spot of the linkage, and then the linkage itself.

Polaris has it on their website for $400.

http://www.purepolaris.com/Detail.aspx?Ite...arisPGACatalog)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks my dad is looking at some used xcsp's and wants reverse but all the deals we are finding w/o reverse .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts